1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie...please advise

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tbrown92, Oct 6, 2002.

1. tbrown92

tbrown92 Guest

I am building a new PC primarily for ripping.
    I have a gigabyte 7vax MB, AMD 2000+, 512 DDR PC2700, 80 GB WD HD 7200 rpm w/ 8MB cache Sony 120u DVD+RW, Sony 40x CDRW, Sony DVD. Is this decent for ripping? Which OS would be best? I have w2k and XP. Just so I can get everything physically ready what software do I need to download. I have read about 100 different thread posts and not sure which is best. What kind of time am I looking at with my hardware specs? Thanks for your help.

2. monday

monday Guest

I have a 2.2mz processor, 120gig hard drive with 512ddr ram,HD 7200 rpm . As far as i know the spec of your computer is fine as you will need less than 10gigs for 1 dvd, and as soon as the dvd is written onto disc it can be deleted from your harddrive. I have heard that TMPGenc is one of the best and cheapest encoding software, which you mite need. I also have DVD decryptor, for ripping. Im not sure exactly how long it takes to write a dvd but i've heard it can take over 2 hours to write 4.7 gigs.