1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie problem with svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aldav45, Aug 13, 2004.

1. aldav45

aldav45 Member

Hi guys, I'm a dvd addict and new to svcd and vcd I wondered if you could help me with a problem. I've checked all the guides and i'm getting nowhere.I have an svcd on my hd which consists of 2 folders (cd1 and cd2) in these folders the files consist of .r(then a number e.g .r00 then .r01 then .r02) .rar and .sfv how do i get these files onto a disc?? my specs and programs are listed below. many thanks in advance.

2. aldav45

aldav45 Member

please help

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Those Files are Compressed Rar files which are simular to Zip files...You will have to install "WinRar" and after installing Winrar go to the File named XXX.r00 and Right click it and go to "Extract Here" and then the Movie will be extracted to the Folder...
    After you have done that you should post back and tell us what Type of Files were extracted from the Rar Files and then we can tell you how to go about Burning them to CD-R...

The Files will probably be in "Bin/Cue" format and if they are you can burn the Bin/Cue Files to CD-R useing Nero ..In nero you would go to "recorder" to "Burn Image" and then navigate to the "Cue" file and then select it and Burn it to CD-R on as slow of a Speed as Possible as to avoid Burn Errors as SVCD files have no Error correction....

Cheers

4. Night2

Night2 Member

hey minion, what XXX.r00 file? Is it in cd1 or cd2 folders? I am confused sorry...

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

You tell me they are your Files...
    Remember in your Post you said this:

the .r00 file is the First one and the XXX just means that I do not know the rest of the File name...

6. Night2

Night2 Member

k, thx a lot

7. tpcdan

tpcdan Guest

after you have extracted the files it may do a couple of things....either give you the option to play the movie there and then on windows media player or something similar or give you cue/bin files. If it is the latter then you can use Nero and burn the the disc image of both files onto 2 cd's. At this point you can either paly the discs on a stand-alone dvd player or put the disc back into the pc and follow these steps.
    1. There should be four or so files on the disc....open the mpeg one.
    2. In here there should be one file.....right click on it and choose program to open with.
    3. Select your desired media player and hey presto it should run provided you have the correct codec pack installed.