1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question about VOBs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Goatless, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Goatless

Goatless Member

Ok,

Ive been browsing a file sharing program, naugty i know, and have come across a film i like. in the directory, it has 2 fodlers....
    Audio_TS and Video_TS

There are vob files and other things in the video folder but nothing in the sound. Is that right? If so what files do i need to burn it?

2. Goatless

Goatless Member

can anyone advise?

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Goatless,
    Welcome to the forum
    There should be nothing in the audio file and you burn the video file.
    The reason no one has answered you is they changed the rules here recently and some of us still are not sure if what you are doing is OK under the new rules.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Most people will tell you that you need to burn both folders because there are supposedly some players that won't play it without AUDIO_TS, even though it's only used for DVD-Audio discs. I've never seen a specific example of a player like that, and I think it's a myth because I've bought discs that don't have that folder, but I use one on every DVD I burn anyway because it doesn't hurt anything. You also need to make sure that the folders' names are all in uppercase.