1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question, need help reinstalling everything.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by felix100, Jan 9, 2009.

1. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

no Felix,you are right .
    you want a new computer follow my instructions above.
    my reason for doing this was that it took 8 minutes from pressing the power button until i could do anything, it now takes 1 minute.
    just remember, that if you do this, you lose all music, photos,programs installed since you got your computer(camera, mp3 player, etc.) so make sure to back up all those things.
    does this answer all your questions or do you have any niggling doubts? where are you in the world, by the way?
    wheelo
    felix, you keep doing this to me, changing your reply while i am typing with one finger, lol, viruses will not follow with a system recovery

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. felix100

felix100 Regular member

Ok, so when im done with the system recovery will i still have my drivers installed or do i have to install drivers again? But i suppose it will all be gone since it removes everything on the HD? Because i can't find my driver disk for the motherboard. And im in sweden by the way.

3. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

felix,
    i can only describe this one way, do you remember when you opened the package on the first day you recieved it? that is the way it will be! all drivers you had then you will still have! anything you loaded since will be lost! is this enough information?
    Wheelo
    by the way, hello from Ireland!

4. felix100

felix100 Regular member

Ah yeah, i should be fine now. Thanks a lot for the help wheelo and everyone else. I'm a complete newbie with this stuff. I appreciate the help!

5. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

felix,
    i sound like i know what i am talking about,but it is only because i spent four or five days researching this subject. do, at your leisure read the links i sent you and use them to help in all your further problems.
    glad to be of help
    wheelo.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hello from canada.

7. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

hey ddp,
    from Canada, your home and native land,
    I have visited, and loved, even though it was only Toronto and Niagara. I still have a lot more to visit and shall be done in the next two or three years, anyway, enjoy your beautiful country and dont believe the yanks, you are not boring.
    any suggestions as to where i should visit next would be gratefully accepted(p.m.?)
    lets hope Felix is now sorted
    Wheelo

8. ddp

i live about 85 klicks north of toronto. do a cross country travel from newfoundland to british columbia & you'll see the vastness & differences of the country.

9. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

i get scared of driving on both the wrong side of the road and the wrong side of the caris there a train that would take me fromm point to point and also allow me to get off and explore any towns/cities that interested me?
    wheelo

10. ddp

check with Via Rail as i believe goes coast to coast.

11. wheelo

wheelo Regular member

thank you and goodnight, i will try via rail(the local rail company, i presume)and take in the rockies and possibly take in the frozen north(85 klicks north of Toronto).There is lots to see and do in the true north strong and free!
    thanks again,
    Wheelo