1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mach1, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Mach1

Mach1 Member

Hello all. I use to use DVDxCopy and had many successful burns. I sold my pc and got a new one and Im wanting to get back into it, but excuse my ignorance about this, but can someone list exactly what I will need besides the obvious with a burner. I see new software names and such so can someone please list exactly what i need to get back in the swing of things. Do i need to buy another copy of DVDxCopy or what? Do i need Nero plus dvdxcopy for everything to work? I just cant remember. Here is a list i think i need to have everything working. i want to burn some of my DVD's for backups if that helps.

1. Burner of course
    2. DvdXcopy
    3. Nero too?????

Thanks again!!!

2. michigan

michigan Guest

DVDShrink
    Decrypter
    Nero is nice but not needed anymore
    Good media Ritek G04 or Verbatim to avoid A LOT of problems

Do a search and read some of the old posts to avoid asking questions that have been asked and answered lots of times.

Have fun and welcome :)

3. Mach1

Mach1 Member

Is Decrypter additional software i have to buy or does it come with dvdxcopy?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are both freeware that will do it all. Check out our "Guides" section and read up on both :)

My best recommendation would be to forget about XCopy altogether. The version for sale now can't rip on it's own - you need to use DVD Decrypter or DVD43 with it which is a total waste of money.

5. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Michigan has giving you good advice. Shrink and Decrypter both can be downloaded for free on this homepage. I wouldn't put much trust in dvdx copy for now if I was trying to get back into the game. strone

6. roberson

roberson Guest

I would install the following programs for copying movies:
    AnyDVD This great programs removed all codes from your DVD player. Then I would install CloneDVD which is one of the best copiers. With AnyDVD installed
    using CloneDVD it is the fastest.
    I would also install DVDDecrypter as anothet way to rip my movies.
    Then DVD Shrink for some special ripping needs.
    If you wish just to copy movies and games AnyDVD and CloneDVD is all you need. CloneDVD cost $39.00 and AnyDVD cost about the same. Believe me worth every dollar. The rest all free.

7. woof811

woof811 Regular member

the trouble is you have to pay for clone dvd which having said that it is a good program .
    but trust us all here all u need is dvd shrink and dvd decrypter , both progs free .
    the guides are available at this site .
    print them out and follow the step by step procedure like i did and you wont go wrong .
    just a quick tip buy good quality blank media such as ritek g04 or vertabin , they are well worth the money .
    happy burning :eek:)