1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by majik255, Mar 12, 2005.

1. majik255

majik255 Member

i want to do dvd video authoring, but not sure if i am equipped. here are my specs:

Ausus 3300+ AMD Athlon 64 bit, 1 GIG ddr ram, 160 gig 7200 ultra DMA HD with 2mb Buffer, HP DVD D/L DVD+R/RW-DVD-R/RW Burner, BenQ DVD Burner with same as HP, GForce 64mb pci video card, Pennacle Studio Plus, Canopus ADVC-110 Digital Converter.

well i just ordered pinnacle and the digital converter. it hasn`t arrived yet. but i was told that in order to get vhs on hard drive my system would have to maintain a certain data rate. so my question is, would i have any problems doing that along with editing on my system?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You will have NO problems. Nice system BTW.

3. majik255

majik255 Member

thanks for the compliment rebootjim. reason i asked is because someone told me that i would have to buy a Firewire-800 G-Drive because the hard drive that i have now would not keep up with the data transfer. those G-Drives are expensive.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

That drive will easily keep up with the ADVC-110.
    It would be better, if you had a second drive, just for captures, but you should be just fine.

5. majik255

majik255 Member

thanks! i plan on getting a second drive soon, and i doubt if it will be a G-Drive. my friend has a brand new 200gig 8 mb buffer hd that he is thinking about selling. if he do sell it to me i know i can get it for about $50 to $60 easy.

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

GRAB IT! You'll not regret it.