1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Says Thank you all

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DarkFoss, Aug 29, 2003.

1. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

I bought the Memorex Duel X-1 last week works outstanding so far. However I was at a complete loss as how to do much of anything besides back-up my hd files. Then I came across your great site :) While I've still got alot reading and learning to do. I've managed to back-up my first dvd, X-Men.
    I used dvd shrink 2.3 couldn't quite make 3.5 work right lol. Anyways I then tried buring the files using the Roxio Easy Cd and DVD Creator 6 that came bundled with the burner. Classic Creator was a no go as was DVD builder gave me a warning that it doesn't support AC3 files and would make the dvd with no sound. After alot of reading here I got the idea to try a different approach. I went back to Creator classic and dragged the Video_ts and Audio_TS folders and then created an iso from them. Next I reopened DVD builder and burned from the iso.. worked flawlessly so far.All told 1:40 from rip to disk. Now I have to run out and get some dvd r-(just had R and rw+) since thats all my jvc standalone supports and see if I can make one that plays on something besides the pc.
    Once again thanks everyone for such a great supportive and informative site. I really didn't want to go out and spend yet more cash for Nero atm.

DarkFoss

2. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

Update the X-men DVD RW+ plays in my Standalone dvd player even though the Memorex site list my JVC XV-M567 as DVD r- compatable only.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Glad it works and you are happy. It is a good site! :D