1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie searching for compression answers...

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by joanziegh, Sep 26, 2007.

1. joanziegh

joanziegh Member

hi all...I don't even know if this is the correct place to post this, but at least it's a start.

I am trying to upload my AVI videos that are on my hard drive to youtube, but the file size is too large. The video itself is only 5 1/2 minutes, and the length requirement for you tube cuts off at 10. It is 165 MB, and YT only allows 100MB. What program do I use to compress the video file size down so that I can post it? Is there even any program that does that, or am I living in a fantasy world?

2. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Use the program from this website and convert to .flv format.
    I don't know of any software that can shrink video files,but if you convert to .flv the size will be smaller and it's quality will still be the same and when you upload it to youtube it will be quicker as youtube converts files that aren't .flv to flv making your upload quicker.
    Enjoy!

3. joanziegh

joanziegh Member

ok...thanks for that...but now I'm confused on where I download from, and there is no .flv option...ack!!

4. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Sorry if I confused you.Download Super C Encoder from here.
    To convert to flv you must select this option:
    [​IMG]
    Cheers.