1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Tryin To Figure Out BIOS

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by JT_01, Sep 2, 2004.

1. JT_01

JT_01 Member

I've got an X-Bit Mod-Chip and have the Evo X (*.iso) file, but cannot get it to load after burning the image file to multiple cd-rw's. As far as flashing the bios on the chip. What bios should I use and where can i look for one or how?

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am not sure about the X-Bit,but I use the Xecuter bios which is the V4983 bios.If you look off of there site they have a guide on there that tells you exactly how to compile a bios disc.The other thing is that you have to make sure you can use cd-rws which should be checking what version your dvd disc drive is and what formats it can read.I have the Thomson disc drive which can read these formats cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-rw,dvd+r,dvd+rw this drive doesn't read cds very good.I don't though since I use dvds anyways they seem to run better than a cd and have better quality.Another thing is you might want to check with the official site for X-Bit which should be here http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/xbit/site.pl?page=home and see if you can find there support files there.The bios you load on your chip should be something reliable though I would think.The best place to get a bios out now is probably http://www.xbox-scene.com since they are pretty much the number 1 Xbox site.I would say try to use a better disc also such as a dvd-r or something like.I know all the drives out are capable of reading dvd-r and you will want to be able to have that on a pretty stable disc.Another thing is the Evox you are trying to load is probably not suited to a disc right.I would suggest using the dvd-r once again,because this will give you a better chance of having it pick up where a cd-rw probably will take you forever to load up.I think the cd-rw also can have error in it where the dvd-r would probably read better.I would say try to burn the EvoX disc on a dvd-r and see if that picks up.If not then try the bios and see if that works,because if you are not picking anything up such as a EvoX disc then that means your bios is not right and needs to be fixed.If this doesn't fix it come back and tell more about the problem on this forum.

Peace L-Burna

3. jegg

jegg Member

Hi, both of u. I have physically installed an xbit chip too, yet dont know what to do next. I have the cd-rw connected and ready, and the xbox connected to the tv and laptop. no extra drive comes up on my computer tho, so i guess this means i cant access the chips OS. That right? is the green led meant to be on on the external control bit of of the xbit too? and whats the combination switch with 4 digit switches all about?!

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member