1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie -What format does DVD-RB output?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Bearlee, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Bearlee

Bearlee Member

What format does DVD-RB output? I used R/B for the first time about a week ago,I burnt the final files with DVD Fab,the movie played well in our Sanyo DVD Player but the other day I went to play it in our Panasonic Player and it wouldn't play.Have I set up R/B wrong, I am using DVD-R discs.

2. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

DVD-RB outputs the files in DVD format. Try burning your files with ImgBurn instead of DVDFab. Burn at 1/2 the rated speed of your disks and use good quality media such as Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, or Sony.

3. Bearlee

Bearlee Member

I don't have ImgBurn can i find it here.Thanks for your advice ferguj1.

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

Yes it is available for download here at aD. Just click on the link in mine or your post and it will take you to the download page. It is free and one of the best burning engines available.

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Ferguj is right on.

Imgburn is indeed the way to go and absolutely one of the best burn engines out there.

6. bryston

bryston Regular member

http://www.imgburn.com

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Can anyone tell me why, when making a backup copy of Wall-E, I ripped it with DVD Fab Platinum Gold 6.0.5.0. I got no error messages, but when I tried to burn it with shrink, I got errors with it skipping and momentary freezes! I finally ran the same DVDFab 5 files through DVDRB, and it took 17 minutes and plays perfectly! Anyone have any explanation on that?

Best Regards,
    Russ

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Run the disc thru a CRC scan Russ, see if there's any corruption as in my own experience a skipping disc always equates to physical data corruption on the disc..

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I guess skipping was the wrong explanation creaky. It stops and starts, like quickly pausing and un-pausing. Some pauses are longer than others I had a devil of a time finding something I could rip it with. AnyDVD would rip it right to very end and then would give an error and not write the file to the folder. While I'm asking questions, have you ever seen a Manufactured Disk that was blank? I had one today. It was Saw, and there's no sign of any pits inside it. It's just smooth and shiny. It doesn't even show up in the drive. If you try to open it it asks you to insert a Disk! Wierd!

Russ

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Re Wall-E - If it's the backup disc you're talking about, still try a CRC scan. If it's the original, try another optical drive.

Re Saw - have a glance thru the Saw V thread in the DVD Shrink forum, see what problems other people are having. I'd try one of your other optical drives, hopefully one of the drives can recognise the disk.

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I tried 6 of them 5 on 3 different computers, and 1 stand alone! No Data, from the Stand Alone!

Russ