1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie XVID Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by dankelly, Aug 27, 2004.

1. dankelly

dankelly Member

Ive just started converting my DVD's to XVID and i am using the guide located on this site. Ive got up to the stage where i need to multiplex the AC3 with my video and it says to open the file in Virtualdubmod and go to the Audio Menu.

Hmm the problem is I dont have an Audio Menu.. Im not sure what im doing wrong?? Im using Virtualmoddub that i downloaded from the link on the guide(Version 1.5.10.1)

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks in advance

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi Buddy,
    VDubMod isn't the best for that - even the regular VirtualDub has more audio functionality (as long as you are muxing CBR MP3).
    What you need is NanDub
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ndub/
    It has THE BEST audio menu ;-)
    Regards

3. GIJohn

GIJohn Member

Hey,
    I did the same thing when I first started to use virtualdub by itself. I picked up a copy of virtualdubmod that came with Gordian Knot. I tried to find that audio menu while following a guide to fix .wav decompression issues and couldnt! I couldnt find it for the life of me until I happend to look up at the main window and saw the MOD part of the name. I had figured it was all the same until then.

So needless to say, its an easy mistake...

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

vdubmod developers mod it a bit. the audio is under the streams menu. cause it can be not only audio stream but subtitles too.

virtualdub won't mux ac3. i haven't used nandub for a long time. so i'm not sure about ac3 and it.

or you can use AVImux GUI.