1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by andyfrag, May 29, 2007.

1. andyfrag

andyfrag Guest

Hi,just joined today I'm going to buy a starview box but I'm confused which one to buy some say starview2 some say updated version,I have been looking on ebay.Is there any thing in paticular I should look out for in a box and where is the best place to buy from.All help will be massively appreciated.

Thanks again Andy

2. steo46

steo46 Regular member

Ebay is the worst place in the world to buy a starview. there are so many cloned starviews doing the rounds that you should only buy from a reputable dealer with a proven track record. the clone boxes are being rendered useless by the latest firmware.you can get one for £70 here

http://www.affordablesat.co.uk/

At least you know you will get a genuine product with support for many years to come.

3. andyfrag

andyfrag Guest

Thanks,they are cheaper than what is on ebay aswell I'le stay clear of those on ebay then.So there just the one box(Starview Cable Reciever)and thats all you need apart from cable.

4. steo46

steo46 Regular member

there is a new starview 2 called the box. but from what i heard from people who bought one they are just the same as starview with a new front. a good way of extracting more money from people that dont know about these things.

5. andyfrag

andyfrag Guest

Appreciate the advice mate.Looks like I will use your link hopefully wont take to long to come and set up.
    Thanks