1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbies: simple guide 'How to back up a movie'

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by alkohol, Nov 12, 2005.

1. teachme

teachme Guest

where can I get nero 6 download free withput filling out alot of junk mail

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. _bones_

_bones_ Member

never mind-edit-

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@teachme

Just follow the link that Creaky provided and you'll be fine.

5. hockeyfan

hockeyfan Member

ok I did everything you said and followed the instructions word for word and picture for picture haha and surprisingly it got to 80% before I got this...

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue

Failed to write file "C:\WAR_OF_THE_WORLDS\VTS_04_3.VOB"

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

It always happens to me during encoding. My DVD player plays movies fine so I doubt its a dirty laser, but I just dont know what to do anymore. Maybe my days of burning DVD's finally caught up to me :( Is it possible that the version of Shrink I am using is corrupt? Maybe some Decrypter settings are interfering with Shrink? Please help. Sorry for being such a pain in the @$$ :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@hockeyfan

That usually mean the original disc is dirty, scratches or is a bad press. Did you have DVD Decrypter ripped using File Mode sucessfully into your hard drive first? Then Open Files via DVD Shrink or (Import DVD if you're going to use Nero Recode 2).

Seriously, War Of The Worlds is "not" that hard at all. I just burned it yesterday using DVD Decrypter via File Mode to rip into my hard drive successfully. Then I have Nero Recode 2 to do "Advanced Analysis" and burned it with Nero Burning Rom.

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

For some reason, I'll try to use DVD Shrink and see what's wrong with it and I'll report back alright.

*NOTE: I did successfully "encode" with Nero Recode 2 last night already though.

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@hockeyfan

I don't know why you're getting error using DVD Shrink, but I've just encoded another backup for myself using DVD Shrink and it went smoothly without any issues whatsoever. Below is the method I used and it successfully rip from DVD Decrypter via File Mode, then I have DVD Shrink set on "Deep Analysis" with "Maximum Sharpness" on the quality, which it took 2 passes (again, I still prefer Nero Recode 2 because Nero Recode 2 is much faster). Finally, I burned it with Nero Burning Rom -- overall, it's flawless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JeffCobra

JeffCobra Member

Ran in to an interesting problem attempting to backup "Garfield" for my 2 year old (who ruins disks at a high-rate of speed). When I ran DVD Decrypter, it failed shortly after it started with the following error:

"Brute Force Cracking Failed!"
    Reason: "There were no vulnerable blocks"

The file was VTS_020_0.VOB

I've run in to this a couple of times. Am I doing something wrong?
    Jeff

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@JeffCobra

Just click Yes and continue or Skip and you'll be fine.

"Brute Force Cracking Failed!"
    Reason: "There were no vulnerable blocks"

The file was VTS_020_0.VOB
    meaning there is no VTS blocks, VTS cell or bad sectors for Brute Force to be cracked that's all.

11. icess426

icess426 Member

What version of Nero are you using and how do I get the updated version. The version that I have do not have "Nero Recode" on the main menue, it stop at "Nero ImageDrive". Please Help

12. red13th

red13th Member

were can i download all of these progams?

13. micalj

micalj Member

Dear alkohol thanks in advance for all your work explaining the use of Dvd decryper. I followed the instructions exactly. I have been trying to make a copy of a Hanna Barbara Yogi Bear disk for my grandson. It has multiple episodes on it. The Problem: All works find until it gets to the last file. I get a read error and it keeps trying an infinate number of times and won't finish. Can you help me with a solution.

micalj

14. teachme

teachme Guest

I was out of town. To answer your reply NO I do not have Burning Rom application. Since I've been back I downloaded Nero 6.6.0.18 (creaky) said that was free. Went under applications and it still is not there there is only 5 windows to go in (all start with Nero-Express, N-Vision Expree SE, N-Cover Designer, N-Show Time, N- Media PLayer and once again I look at your Nero application and I see 12 windows. Do I have to but it to get all 12????

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  15. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@teachme, icess426 & red13th

This is what you guys need to do: (a) write down your Nero 6 serial key. (b) download "Nero's General Clean Tool" from Nero's website to completely clean your old version of Nero 6 - go here http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/General_CleanTool.html and run it to clean all of Nero's product. (c) now go back to Nero website and download the latest from Nero 6 Ultra Edition (remember to get Package #1 & Package #2 only).
    [​IMG]

(d) once it's successfully completed, just reinstall and put your Nero 6 serial back on.

That's it!! Let me know how you guys doing and I'll try my best to help out as much as I can alright.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  16. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@micalj

Just out of curiosity, Hanna Barbara Yogi Bear doesn't have any kind of encrypted protection when you ripped it with DVD Decrypter right? I take it that your error is from DVD Decrypter and I'm assuming that you have the latest from DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 right? If it failed to read a lot of times and it has tried to read more than 20 times and failed, then it is likely that the Disc (movie) you're trying to rip into your hard drive is "badly scratched, dirty, and or smudged". Your best bet is to exchange it for a new disc and try to rip it with DVD Decrypter, then proceed from there.

Can you post up your error log that DVD Decrypter generated by a chance? Or you can try to have ISO Buster 1.8 or ISO Buster Pro 1.8 to read them files to see if you'll have a success getting the files. Once you've installed ISO Buster, just open ISO Buster, insert your Disc/movie into your burner, click on the name of Movie, then AUDIO & VIDEO_TS and Extrack it to a new folder.
    [​IMG]

Don't give up yet, try to clean your Disc/movie and give DVD Decrypter another try.

17. jmf71

jmf71 Member

help me im having trouble trying to copy bewitched and lords of dogtown using dvd decrypter i had done every thing in this guide

18. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@jmf71

I probably can either write another mini guide for "Bewithced" and "Lords Of Dogtown" with the help from DVD Decrypter, PSL2 plugins and PgcEdit or VobBlanker to blank out its junks, but that'll be too long and some steps might look complicated and maybe you might get confused.

With that being said, I suggest you click here to download http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDFabDecrypter29.exe (DVDFab Decrypter 2.9.6.2) -- it's much easier and simple and this version should be able to rip both "Lords of Dogtown" and "Bewitched" flawlessly into your hard drive. From there, you can have either Nero Recode 2 (from my guide here) or DVD Shrink to encode/shrink as your usual process. Here's what you need to do -- a very very basic steps. (NOTE: the below is for "Mr. & Mrs. SMITH", but you can do it with "Bewitched or Lords of Dogtown" as well.)

1) make another folder name FAB_Bewitched on your hard drive or C:\ drive, and make another sub-folder name VIDEO_TS inside FAB_Bewitched

2) insert your original movie (Bewtiched or Lords) into your burner

3) open up DVDFab Decrypter (2.9.6.2), (a) browse to your "source" (b) browse to your "target = FAB_Bewitched, VIDEO_TS", then click on START.
    [​IMG]

4) sit back, relax and wait until DVDFAB Decrypter successfully completed. Now open up either Nero Recode 2 (using my guide) or DVD Shrink (your choice of shrinking engine) and perform your usual encoding/shrinking process. Once it's (Nero Recode 2 or DVD Shrink) done you can burn it at your own desire burning engines.

That's it..... enjoyed it and happy burning!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  19. amyis

amyis Member

Ok..Ive followed these awesome step-by-step instructions! The only problem I'm having with the Nero burning part. I do not get the DVD option hence the DVD-Video option is not displayed! So I can't get past step 2! Any help is much appreciated.
    Amyis

20. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

At the top-middle of your Nero skin, select DVD. Sounds like it has CD selected...