1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newby status

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by regor, Nov 10, 2004.

1. regor

regor Regular member

Riddled through the threads you often see reference to "why am I still a newby?" "I've been posting for months, why am I still a noob?"... well, I figured it out so I thought I'd share.

It's just status, that's all. If my handle was Sir Isaac, then not only would I be Sir Isaac Newbie, I'd also be Knighted by the Queen of England, just like Elton and Paul, et al. Or if I was female: Dame Isaac Newbie??? naw that doesn't sound right, I've never heard of anyone dubbed Dame Isaac Newbie :)

For me, you ask? If I ever get a change of status I'd much prefer Un-Newbie rather than becoming a "Junior Memeber" or "Member". Then I could drink 7un7's and chant the "Dr. Pepper" theme to myself (and anyone that would listen), with a little grin on my face.... "I'm Un-Newbie, you're Un-Newbie, he's Un-Newbie, She's Un-Newbie, wouldn't you like to be Un-Newbie too? Be Un-Newbie, be-ee Un-Newbie!

[bold]If you are quite young you will have never heard of the "Dr. Pepper" theme.[/bold]

There's your dose of humor for the day. And no, ok I had one (1) beer <grin>

All in fun!!!

Cheers.

R

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

I like your style, humour wise thats what we need on this site more humourous people

catch ya

andmerr

4. regor

regor Regular member

Thanks abundantly...

rdrr

5. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

There should be a status below "newbie" reserved for the members that are attention hogs;[bold] "look at my post, I'm asking the same shit everywhere because my question is all that matters and screw using the search function because I'm sure nobody's ever asked this before!"[/bold] I can't believe how many times I read the same question posted by the same member X amount of times in the different topics making the board look like crap. Now, just because one has newbie status doesn't necessarily make them new to the scene and I like sharing what I know as much as learning new things from other members but bs like that just discourages me from corresponding with posters because of the aggravation.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Multiposting is against the rules and therefore discouraged. If you notice a member multiposting use the "Report an offensive post" and state which member is mulitposting. The mods will take care of it.

7. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

Well, since we're on the subject, could you then change my status to something like [bold]Afterdawn Avenger[/bold] or [bold]Afterdawn Crusader[/bold] as I think all that reporting will be the equvalent of a fulltime job.

8. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

btw:
    I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper, we're all Peppers, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no, i think i'll just be a grape...

10. regor

regor Regular member

is that a grape Nehi, Auslander, like Radar O'Reiley on MASH?

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nah, it's a regular grape that will be mashed into a wine to be drunk by the lucious lips of a dazzling female...

12. regor

regor Regular member

that would be 'hot lips' Houlihan!

if only you were half wolf!

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hehe..i'd be one sexy anthro wolf...with my current charm, the ladies wouldn't be able to resist :) lol

14. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hee Hee, my cat heard that (and she winked)...........

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

lol, have another beer mate ;)

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

All ladies, head for the hills or lock your doors Auslander is about!!!!

17. indienemo

indienemo Guest

lockup your daughters...

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hehehehe...guess i'll start with Baabaa's sweet little kitty and then go door to door passin' along the love :)

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

watchout for the shotguns & wolf traps!!!

20. regor

regor Regular member

Wow Auslander, you are stepping in high cotton and wiping with the top leaves...

I had lunch at Alice's Restaurant the other day, you know the one in the Arlo Guthrie classic that's just a half a mile from the railroad track?

There is a sign out front that reads: "You can get anything you want at Alices' Restaurant, excepting Baabaa's sweet kitty"

That is so weird, don't you think?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!