1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle Service files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by jackdecon, Oct 23, 2006.

1. jackdecon

jackdecon Guest

Hi there,

Total newbie here, but I'm trying to locate a service file for the telewest newcastle area?!?!?

Thanking you in advance
    John

2. sdt1986

sdt1986 Member

im looking also

mate if u have messanger do ya fancy a chat on there
    I use t666si at aol.com if u are

3. _Sparky_

_Sparky_ Guest

Try flashing with the commando image and then doing a slow scan,
    you shouldnt need a service.xml file as this image will create one for you automaicaly after the scan.
    Sparks.

4. dr_smith

dr_smith Member

_Sparky_ I saw on a thread a couple of days ago that you were having similar problems to me, have you sorted this out now? and if so how?
    Any advice much appreciated.
    David.

5. _Sparky_

_Sparky_ Guest

Hi ,
    Yes, I bought a box on ebay from germany which had a (UK?) version of sportster flashed on it. I was only receiving zee tv but getting all the channel info so I was convinced that the video / audio data must be on different frequencies or using a different encoding or somthing so I tried flashing commando on which then gave me no channels! I persevered and kept scanning but to no effect. Then I switched off fast scan and did a slow scan which took about 20 mins. This then gave the desired result and brought up approx 200 channels. The service.xml file is not reqd.
    You will find a link to the commando image by looking through the posts on this site.
    hope this helps
    Sparks.