1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newer CD Burners & Copy Protected CDs (Securom v 4.x)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ArDarsh, Mar 4, 2003.

1. ArDarsh

ArDarsh Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been reading a lot of threads, but I cannot figure out what burner I should buy. So far, I have understood that the older ones are better because they have less restraints. However, they are hard to find.

So, I want some suggestions on what burner I should buy (make and model #). Basically, what fairly new drives and burning software can make backups of software with newer protections (ex: UT 2003, Warcraft 3, Hitman 2)?

Thanks.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The LiteOn LTR-52246S or IDE model. This bad boy can backup the latest Safedisc 2.8.x& SecuROM 4.8.x AND beat some tough audio cd protection as well. Look at this hardware review.
    LiteOn LTR-52246S http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=99

Shoey

3. ArDarsh

ArDarsh Member

I read the article, but it said the copies really only work in the lite on drive. For anybody, are there any new or old drives (including firmware) that produce copies that work in most readers?

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No, your misunderstood m8. Any backup of SecuROM 4.8.x& Safedisc 2.8.x LiteOn LTR-52246S or IDE model WILL play in the drive without "additional measures". A drive must be able to read ATIP to bypass Safedisc 2.5.1 and also have the ability to read the twin sector cd scheme on SecuROM 4.8.x. Example, the LiteON LTD 163/165/166 dvd-roms have NO problems playing these backups.

Shoey

5. DarkFire

DarkFire Guest

Yeah I got a LTR - 52246S. It is the greatest! That thing can tear through anything. And since it is made by LiteOn you know it will NEVER break or have complications with it!

DarkFire

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2003
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

darkfire,
    How much did you pay for the litey LTR 52x (be honest).

Shoey

7. DarkFire

DarkFire Guest

I paid $80. I got it CompUsa in Franklin Mills, PA. Also, it wasn't on sale or no rebates. Totally honest.

DarkFire

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Excellent price Darkfire. My Polaroid BurnMAX48 will backup the latest Safedisc& SecuROM protections, but won't cut most audio cd protection (key2audio, cactus data shield) nor pruduce "great" dae extraction speed or quality.
    Still a damn good burner though if you own a Litey DVD-Rom LTD 163/165/166, lol.

Shoey