1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newsbin Pro Registered - Files Stop Download At Various Points

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Tweeder, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Tweeder

Tweeder Regular member

Hey guys, hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm running Newsbin Pro which I registered via credit card. I use newzbin.com to get the nzb files then i load that into Newsbin Pro. A list of files appear and I download. Occasionally I get these problems with certain files not downloading all the way. I can right click on them and hit "redownload" but nothing happens. It looks like this.

I end up having to .par repair like 50% of my downloads and if im not lucky enough to have enough pars im screwed.

And yes, I did purchase this game today, I just don't like the kids in the house getting fingerprints on my games.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

The problem is most likely your news server. Are you using your ISP or do you have a preimum server?

3. Tweeder

Tweeder Regular member

Premium, using giganews unlimited plan.

4. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

5. bazzag

bazzag Member

Hi m8 those little blck lines in they posts are incomplete parts of the message if you right click on them and chose assemble incompletes they will download in that state with the relevent pieces missing.
    yes you will still need pars to repair but you wont be repairing much.

you may need to upgrade to better servers with more completion rates.

your newsbin pro will be fine if not just reinstsall "obviously".

6. Tweeder

Tweeder Regular member

dolphin, what kind of speed do you get with your host, I'm getting 700KBps abouts and love the speed. Does your server preform close to that? I also see yours is only $14.99 per month instead of $25 like giganews.

7. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Newshosting only allows 8 connections instead of your 10, so the speed is a little slower. I average about 500KBps. Example: 800MB takes about 20-25 minutes to download. For the $10 difference, I can stand the slower downloads.

Edit: Completion rate and retainability are excellent IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2006
  8. Tweeder

Tweeder Regular member

Thats interesting.... If I set newsbin to 10 download connections I get no speed improvement over 2 download connections... am I doing something wrong?

9. bazzag

bazzag Member

HI guys im on Giganews also. i use european servers and get 1MBps no probs highest ive been is 1.3MBps must have been a good day.
    GIganews has to be the best provider ive came across the mention 62 days retention but i have downloaded up to 72 days old.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  10. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

I really cann't advise on your program of choice (NewsBin). I use NewsLeecher and it shows the different connections. In the past, I've tried different programs and the two I always recommend are NewsLeecher (paid) and GrabIt (free). At the rate your downloading, I would guess your max'ed out.

11. bazzag

bazzag Member

sorry i meant to say i use newsbin. it's the only prog that always seems to get me my full raw speed 10Mbps "1MBps"

12. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Your max download/upload speeds are going to be determined by your ISP and what your paying for!

13. bazzag

bazzag Member

ye m8 i know this thats what im saying i pay for 10Mbps , but newsbin is the only prog that i can get this full speed from.

14. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

OK. I was just making Tweeder aware of this.