1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newsgroup - PAL games only?

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by RoTF, Aug 5, 2008.

1. RoTF

RoTF Member

I've recently joined the usenet community.. still getting used to it, but I like it already
    anyways, one thing that I noted is that whenever I search a game, the majority of the results are PAL or European versions of the game...
    I'm using binsearch to get the NZBs...
    is it the same to everyone or am I doing something wrong?

2. CF01

CF01 Regular member

sorry i cannont answer ur question but i have a question that is related to yours,ive read afterdawns definiton of pal and im assuming that means you can not play those on american systems and also what is multi5 i could not find a definition for this

3. RoTF

RoTF Member

you are correct, you can't play a pal game on an ntsc (usa) console, unless you had it modded (like wii with a wiikey or d2ckey chip)
    I can region overrides with my chip, but I'm kinda afraid of activating a system update and brick my console, I know there are ways to avoid this, but I guess I'm lazy...
    multi5 I believe are one layered dvds (the 4 dot something gigabytes one), I just don't know why only pal games have this on their description...

anyway, no one for my newsgroup question?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member