1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newsgroup providers who do you use & why?

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by yzrider22, Jan 22, 2008.

1. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Well I have Roadrunner turbo which has free newsgroups and Im getting a little sick of them lately,So I'm thinking about going the pay route. So What I'm looking for is a good provider with excellent stable speeds.So Im wondering who do yall use that has been a great service no disconnects and a good sucess rate?Thanks

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Paying for illegal downloads? Doesn't make sense to me.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

There are plenty out there and of course some are more expensive than others. They have plans you can get so I would do that just to give them a test run and see which one suits you.

I use Astraweb as my usenet server and I am very happy. I have had no disconnects or any other issues.

There retention is 120days but there are better out there. But like I said I am happy with them.

EDIT* added comment

Type "newsgroup server" into google and you should get some good providers.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  4. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Ya I was looking at them before I posted here,But I am looking For people who use it, so I can get there opinion on how well it works for them ,in not what it says on there site.I was reading on another site ,and a guy said giganews had alot of drops.Maybe his conection or maybe not.Also was looking at best rated newsproviders and it was from 03 which is'nt much good to me now.But like you said tho some places do have free trial runs.I will keep looking.

5. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

Have been using giganews quite a while, no issues here, maxes out my current b/w with ease. They also have some free trial offers, thou it ain't much.