1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. maz057

maz057 Member

Can someone recomend a good newsgroup? Can you get roms and .ISO files from news groups. I searched, and I found a decription of newsgroups but it is very generic.

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I subscribe to giganews unlimited and I use newsbin pro as a client. Can't go wrong there.

3. maz057

maz057 Member

Can you get roms aswell as ISO files at giganews? What is the client for? You cant just down;oad the ISO files and burn?

4. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

from the sounds of it, you have no clue how newsgroups even work. Anyways, if memory serves it's against forum rules to ask to download ISO's etc, and plus newsgroups are not something thats FREE, so you will need your mom's credit card for it to work. That right there should turn you off of the whole concept.

IF I've misjudged, check out slyck.com/ng.php , then head over to giganews.com and PAY the 20$/mth that you have to pay, and then yes, you can INDEED find isos.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Moved to a more appropriate forum

6. maz057

maz057 Member

First of all I am a grown as* adult who asked a question, so for you to say that I will need my "MOM's credit card" is completly stupid. Just because you live in your moms basement and never ventured into the world doesn't mean that no else has. You Flamer(and I dont mean on the forums).
    Thanks for the help but
    Back to the question.
    I know that I can get Iso's from the news groups, my question was what is the client used for and does giganews or any other newsgroup have roms for emulators?

7. maz057

maz057 Member

Not to be a jerk bruce, the second portion of your post was helpful. You should stick to answering peoples questions and not make redundant and silly assumptions about them or there home, or financial situations. If you have nothing but an a hole remark please keep it to yourself. Thanks

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Giganews is not a newgroup, it is a server that enables you to download, within the retention rate it has, through your Newsreader (client). There are plenty of Newsreaders (free and pay) and Powerusenet is another good server. Newsleecher and Grabit are two good readers. A good Newsgroup to have a look at is http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb.php That's a good guide at Slyck and here's another: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/389304 Two benefits to Newsgroups are no uploading and the full speed your ISP gives you.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  9. maz057

maz057 Member

Thank you for the very informative help. Much appreciated.