1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nforce4/northbridge overheating

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kronick, Jan 16, 2007.

1. kronick

kronick Member

hi guys i have an asus P5ND2-sli deluxe motherboard and its always been hotter than most but lately ive been getting bluescreen errors to reboot and when it happens the computer is very hot so i opend it up to find a heatwave comin off the NB heatsink now i have many fans and very good airflow in my pc so this poses a problem, so ive been looking at NB coolers on the net are the thermaltake universal ones good also i was thinking of going water cooled to cool everything, is there a northbridge hookup for those?, anyways if anyone has any input on how to cool my northB down please lemme know.

Thanks JIm

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

before you waste money on cooling products, first right click on my comptuer > go to advanced and click on settings for startup and recovery> and uncheck the automatically restart. then next time you get a blue screen right down the number on the bottom. it will look like a 0x00000077 or ED etc. right that down and google it then youll know what the problem is and go from their.