1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice 32'' HDTV for cheap...?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Skaterat, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

What's a nice 27"-32" HDTV for a good price? It's for my bedroom, halo3, skate etc lol And I will be using it soley with my XBOX 360 and maybe a DVD player, until I go to college in two years.

2. mickK

mickK Regular member

i would stay away from cheap LCD TV's because most of them are not HDCP enabled on the HDMI port. Try to go for a good brand like toshiba,Samsung, or LG but still if you going to buy a cheap flatscreen make sure it has HDCP because it'll save you headaches down the road

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Search around on Newegg's wesbite, I've found that they have some of the best deals on LCD's.

If you're going to be mainly using it to play your xbox, I suggest buying one with a quick response time. 8ms or better is what you're looking for.

Update:
    Also, define cheap. What's cheap to you may be expensive to me, lol.

Here's a nice LCD by LG:

LG 32LC7D
    5ms response time, 8000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, and a brightness of 500 cd/m2.

If you wanna go smaller, I suggest the Toshiba 26HL47. I just bought this tv this weekend. Excellent tv for the price(599). The Regza series by Toshiba is the way to go if your buying a Toshiba LCD.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  4. Skaterat

Skaterat Guest

Those are nice, and my price range is a little bit over 500? but I can't order from newegg because I live in alaska lol...

5. grimpuffa

grimpuffa Member

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/795900/

I own that one and im content with it.I assume it's not the best but I never owned a LCD TV before it,so it impresses me.I have a computer,wii and a indoor antenna hooked to it.Never hooked anything else up to it.but I am glad I spent the $520(total price) on it.The remote isnt the best but i have encountered worst.Cant tell ya if its a good option for xbox.Hope that helps.

6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Ok, if you want anything at 32" for 500-550, then you're gonna have to go with a Dynex, Olivia, Sceptre, or ViewSonic. Those LCD's usually don't produce a great picture so, it's pretty much not worth droppen the money on them if you are looking for a nice LCD.

Now you can probably pick up a nice 26" Samsung or Toshiba for around that price. A tv is a big investment, don't go blow your money on a crap product.

That's funny, they won't ship things to Alaska but, they will send things to Puerto Rico...go figure.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2008
  7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I have the 26HL47. It's a great HDTV, I use it for COD4 and other games and it looks amazing!

8. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

What do you think about the SRS WOW on this tv?

9. eritz12

eritz12 Member

I just bought the Toshiba 32 inch 32HL67 on clearance at BB for $675. Excellent price and excellent TV. Have the 42HL67 for about a year with no complaints. It's well worth a few more dollars to go with a brand name. Check for clearances on the 720P tv's.

As for the WOW SRS, I think it does greatly enhance the audio. Haven't done any side by side, with/without testing though.