1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo 3DSV10.4.0-29 released, sky3ds+ can support it directly

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Suzeny, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Suzeny

Suzeny Member

Nintendo 3DSV10.4.0-29 released and the sky3ds+ official team announce that sky3ds+ orange button can support the latest 3ds games on 3DSV10.4.0-29

Version 10.4.0-29U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
    Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

* It's confirmed! SKY3DS+ can support the newest 3DS V10.4.0-29 (01/19/2016)

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The update patched browserhax and ironhax, so the only left entry point for homebrew is now Ninjhax again. My emunand is already updated to 10.4.0-29E RX. I didn't have to wait for confirmation or anything.

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

does your 3ds cart play all available 3ds games mate? not really messed about with nintendo handhelds since the dsi, But if there's a cart that can play all 3d games it could be a console i might buy for my daughter

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Why bother buying a card? They're expensive, it takes them time to upgrade when Nintendo releases a new firmware and they might get blocked from working at all by said new firmwares. I use a custom firmware. So far I haven't run into any compatibility problems, every game I tried worked for me.

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

didnt realize you could run cfw on one, will google about ta

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It's either RXTools or ReiNAND, RXTools if you're on an old 3DS, ReiNAND for New 3DS. The 3DS has to be on firmware 9.2 for this, but there is a downgrading method for 3DS up to firmware 10.3. Nintendo just released firmware 10.4, which basically patches two exploits for entering homebrew menu, a hack called browserhax and one called Ironhax. It also patches the exploit needed for downgrading, so make sure you get a system between 9.2 and 10.3. Other hacking methods like NinjHax still work (confirmed), and there are some speculations whether or not a downgrade for 10.4 will be found in the next few days/weeks.

What you do is you basically create a second NAND on your SD card, in a hidden partition. It's called emuNAND and the custom firmware uses this, while your system NAND (sysNAND) on your 3DS stays untouched and on firmware 9.2. Your emuNAND can be upgraded to the latest firmware and lets you load all games, including the latest.
    The flashcard way is basically what the xk3y is for Xbox 360, a noob-friendly, lazy way for 3DS, you pay a lot of money for stuff that a custom firmware can do better and by far cheaper, but you don't have to learn any stuff or gather information.

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i like to learn and do things myself instead of the easy route, ive been reading and watching and theres a lot to digest, gonna keep my eye out on selling pages for a cheap one, the psp seems like a doddle compared to this lol. Cheers mate