1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo 64 on the Nintendo Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by BeachSurf, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Nelson419

Nelson419 Guest

If you can get into Johns tracker, there is already a few iso's you can get, already ready to be burned. They work fine with XENO GC users. It will save you the hassle of trying to make one yourself

2. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

thanks for the tip, but i already started the padding (at home, and im at school now) so itll be done by the time i get home, so its all good... im more concerned about getting NES/SNES all onto one disc and being able to choose which game i want to play...

3. Nelson419

Nelson419 Guest

Well the iso's that I am talking about, that you can get from johns, already have everything set up on the iso, including all the games and emulators. they have one which has all nes roms and one that has all snes roms. you just burn iso and when you play it in gamecube, you just select which game to play.

4. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

ok thanks alot, and FYI i send you a PM... the padding finished on the 4 64 games, and the end up at 3.23GB, which cant be normal... did i do somethin wrong? i typed 'fstfix SC.gcm f' and it ended up over 3GB... did i miss a setting or 2?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

fstfix has a setting that pads images to 3GB for full size DVD-R. Supposed to be better for your laser.

If you're using full size, don't worry about it. If you aren't though, you'll just have to redo it.

6. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

wow... i deleted all of the games earlier, because they were so big... oh well, id prefer them being small anyway, so all the discs look the same, lol... so what settings would i need to use for it to make it 1.35 GB? im currently padding one with 't s f' as the settings (align, streamfix, fullsize)

7. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

The one I used had a GUI, so I've never dealt with the command line.

Although, fullsize seems to be the reason you're getting such large images. Only use align. The only time you'd need streamfix is for games such as Naruto and Virtua Quest.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  8. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

ok, ill give it a try tonight while im sleeping, thanks alot.

9. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

i tried your settings, just aligning on 32k, but i still get a 3.23GB file... i burned it anyway, hoping it would work, and it didnt... the gamecube just freezes at the logo screen (the GC Logo that is)

10. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try and get the one with a GUI since it's harder to mess up settings on.

11. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

all the sites ive seen have only had the MS DOS prompt... would you have a link to the site/file? PM me if you have too... also, anybody have a Jon's GC Tracker account that i could use to dl 2 torrents, i would greatly appreciate it, PM me if you do, thanks.

12. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

13. shadow82

shadow82 Member

...and to make it easier for you, I've uploaded the N64 games from Joh's tracker to rapidshare. All have been released by a group and have been padded to 520mb each. Remember to burn 3 per DVD.

Super Mario 64
    Starfox 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Duke Nukem 64
    Wave Race 64

http://rapidshare.de/files/19031910/dc-n641.rar.html

Cheers and enjoy!

14. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

thanks alot, ill download them once i get back home... so can any N64 game be swapped and loaded up (using the GCTool and a premade N64 iso)? also, do the games have a save option, like the old NES/SNES ROM iso's do?

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

You can't save with N64 games on GC. As I recall, the only emulator that supports saving is an SNES emulator.

16. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

NES and SNES GC emulators both support saving, which helps... playing some old school RPGs... ahh, good times, gooooood times..... lol

and thanks for all your help guys... i couldnt get my 64 games to burn (the ones i personnaly made), so im gunna stick with the group made ones... but on the plus side, i finally got an account at Joh's GC Tracker, only took a few days too... funny thing is, i was looking for the NES/SNES iso for XenoGC modchip, and the other dya i found a different version on a different site (name is practically the link also, so i thought i would remove the name, for my sake) that downloaded, extracted, burned, and loaded perfectly (after i re-extracted/reburned the SNES one)... oh, and Venom... would you mind helpin out cubefreak (topic is about nero 6/7 and softmod/modchip)? he needs some help with his softmod and burning his backups... and since you (and shadow) taught me all i know, i figured id ask you... thanks again!

17. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Since you have an account at Joh's GC Tracker they actually have a version of Mario 64 w/working save. Do a search for "Super Mario 64 w/ save".

18. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

Thanks, ill check it out then... Even though Super Mario 64 wasnt one of my favorite games, ill download it for experimetal reasons... I want to burn Starcraft 64, but it needs a save feature to work (unless im going to play over 60 missions straight through)... the thing is, SC64 didnt load up at all with other iso's (used GC-Tool to replace the default file in a 64 emulator.iso with starcraft 64's ROM, and it wouldnt load up, any reason? i followed the instructions on how to do it, and the fiel was padded/wiped correctly)...

19. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

The reason it probably didn't work is because most n64 roms don't work with the GC's emulator. Only a handfull do really. :(

Remember, when you first start Mario 64, when it creates the save file on the GC's memcard initially, it may seem like it's frozen but just wait. The first save can take a few mins. :)

20. DigDC89

DigDC89 Member

ok thanks. maybe ill try and make my own boot disc with starcraft or something... run it through linux like the NES/SNES rom discs do... but i hvae no idea...