1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nintendo ds battery problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by stryker69, May 22, 2007.

1. stryker69

stryker69 Guest

hello i just bought my nintendo ds from a gamestop here in my town. they told me it comes with a 30 warenty. my problem is this.. i have to charge my battery constinly on it. i have even charged it overnite and i still only get maybe 1 or 2 hours of game time with it. what could be the problem.? ohh and its a first run "fat" silver ds.. thanx

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Battery getting old and dont hold charge really common in rechargable devices.

3. spathi

spathi Regular member

The old DS (phat) has a runtime of about 5-6hrs on a full charge. When you charged it overnight, was the charging indicator off in the morning when you removed the charger?

I dont know how the phat works but the DS lite turns off the charging indicator when it has a full charge.

Plus what devices do you have on your DS? some slot-2 devices are power hogs and cut down battery life tremendously.

4. stryker69

stryker69 Guest

when i wake up in the morning and check on it the charge light is off. and for software i usually run my m3 ds simply. unless im playing a acctual gba game.. i called gamestop this morning and they said to bring it in and they will exchange it for me.