1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well i definitely would go with The Nintendo DS because of the online capabilites. I dont believe that the Nintendo DS will be forgotten when the PSP comes out. It looks to me like Sony forgot to put all the cool features. Yea i understand that the PSP has better graphics than the DS but i wouldnt argue with a touch screen, chat rooms, multiplayer game play, and all of the other features. Well im mostly interested in everybody elses opinion so start typing! :)

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I like them both and when they come out in the uk am gonna buy both, the psp looks better but as you said the DS has more stuff than the psp so l'll just fork out the cash and buy both, mind that other handheld/pda thing, i think its called the zodiac or sumthing looks sweet but also i think it cost alot more.

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

If I were to get one, which I won't, I'll probably get the PSP, as the games seem better IN MY OPINION. Plus PSP is pretty good looking too! n_n

4. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Yea i have to admit that the PSP looks OK too. It mostly depends on your preference and what you want in a handheld gaming system. They both have totally different features. I think that the DS has a cheaper budget though so if you dont have that much money go with the DS. I personally might be able to get the PSP for my b-day but how much could i ask for??? lol. (thats a hint i dont have a job and im kinda young lol haha.

5. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Yea i have to admit that the PSP looks OK too. It mostly depends on your preference and what you want in a handheld gaming system. They both have totally different features. I think that the DS has a cheaper budget though so if you dont have that much money go with the DS. I personally might be able to get the PSP for my b-day but how much could i ask for??? lol. (thats a hint i dont have a job and im kinda young lol haha.

6. henbill

henbill Guest

in my opinion the psp is much better if u forget the price tag because...

the ds: the touchscreen will b really hard 2 use bcos imagine trying 2 write on it while holding it in your other hand and not shaking. its near impossible. u would have 2 put it on a table or something.
    the voice activation, while gd in theory would have 2 b used in a place where there is no other background noise

and the psp: b4 u say anything the screen WILL NOT SCRATCH so its like the ds there bcos neither will scratch (its got some new hard plastic coating REALLY hard).
    the psp has an anologue stick so i think pes and ea sports would be mint on it.
    the graphics are 3d in both but the psp has a larger single screen. (and lets face it even though the combined size of the ds is bigger, u cant concentrate on both simultaneously, so the psp is better) and the psp has much better quality (+pixels).
    the only bad bit is the battery life, but when r u gonna b away from mains power 4 6 hours?

so overall the extra functions on the ds are cool, but alas limited. 4 a little more cash u could loose these functions and get a much better console ALL IN FAVOUR OF THE PSP SAY "AYE"!!!

7. henbill

henbill Guest

oh yeah i almost 4got, its really unlikely anything will b converted 4 either console eg movies + games its just 2 much hassle. u want proof? look at the gba- they siad THAT would have movies etc. and look at it. (dont get me wrong its a great console, but ONLY a games console).

oh yeah all this stuff is just my opinion so dont bite my head off if u disagree

8. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

I'm not going to buy either but I say DS is better cos' what I don't understand is, since the PSP has a TOUCH PAD so what if some idiot managed to spill something onto it, it won't fix as easily as a DS or any other Nintendo Handheld. I know it sounds stupid and complicated but you asked for an opinion so that's mine.

9. TerryKwok

TerryKwok Member

Hey guys, just got my PSP from Japan. It's awesome, along with 3 games. :)

10. madd-dogg

madd-dogg Guest

i think im gonna say the psp is better,just a dual screen does not make the n ds any better.

11. henbill

henbill Guest

wots with the picture?
    oh bi the way if u accidentally scratched the ds touchsreen would that affect it?

12. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

I just tried the DS not yet sure about the psp they should make a npsp or somthing hehehe... that would be sweet... but by the looks of it I think I'd like a ds, I played super mario 64 and used the touch screen, It was awkward at first but thenit felt just like I played on the n64 and better hehehe... I'm thinking about the psp also

you have to watch the movie "super size me" because its funny

13. madd-dogg

madd-dogg Guest

nintendo can never come up with grown up interesting games they just make fantasy childers games like zelda and mario wich are really boring now.

14. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Go bleep yourself raw. Think before you speak.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  15. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

No if you scratch the touch screen i am pretty sure that it wont get all messed up. You can calibrate the touch screen anyways. I dont believe though about nintendo making kiddy games. It just depends on the type of games that you like. Thats why people have such different opinions about the DS and PSP, because the games are different. If they had the same games the DS would definitely win though.

16. kill

kill Member

OMFG! Nintendo owns all the other gaming companies. I can at least give you 100 reasons why Nintendo DS is better than Sony PSP. The best games are on nintendo (mario, zelda, metroid, resident evil, etc...) Maybe you dont like them because you actually need an IQ to play them.
    PS: I got my Nintendo DS and its glorious!

17. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Fanboy alert? =D

In my opinion, yes MY OPINION, I prefer PSP because of the games coming out. Please ignore me DS fanboys and do not flame me because I am going to ignore you AND I know you'll ignore me anyway.

18. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I just found out at a site that the PSP is coming out with a Grand theft auto game, and also Midnight club 3. I wish the DS would get more games like that. I actually would like to have both a DS and a PSP but i cant afford all that, i also need some more games for the DS. Im hoping that the rumor about Halo coming out for the DS is true, that crap will beat all!

19. limelight

limelight Regular member

The DS seems gimicky. The touch screen is a great idea, but how many games will support it? The extra screen is cool too, but i think developers will get lazy on this one and just make it a screen for inventory/health/map screen.
    The PSP is just a PS2. I doubt any 2d games will be made for it, (and thats the reason why i think the GB/GBA did so well.) The movies on it, yea its a nice idea, but id rather just get a portable dvd player with the discs i already have instead of buying another form of media which is only good on a PSP. I prefer 2d to 3d, mainly becuase of camera angle issues, and that its more focused on gameplay than fancy graphics etc...
    That's just -MY OPINION-.

20. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well actually, all three of my games i have use the touch screen. For Madden 2005 you use it to pick your plays and control how far your kickoffs and feild goals go. For Spiderman 2, you use it to pick your special move and you also use it on several levels for some challenges. And last for Metroid prime (the demo), you use it to aim your character and turn and stuff, (it depends on the controls you use). Oh, and i even know a game that uses it i dont have, Ridge Racer uses it to turn the wheel while you are driving and im pretty sure that Super Mario uses it for things but im not sure. So dont say untrue things about the touch screen and the DS. And the cool thing about the TV is that its ON the DS, you have options of how to use your DS. Go ahead and buy a DVD player but you wont be able to play gamea on it or chat will you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.