1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

2. davidleal

davidleal Member

hey i loved that comment about the pong generation and even though i am young i still love the classics they were fun, sometimes easy but they were awesome! i think that the reason why i am starting to like the DS more and more is because even though their games are don't have the best graphics and because it can't generate the 16.7 million colours that the PSP can (wow frig man the psp people really like to talk bour that dont they) nintendos games have always been a little bit mre fun to play than sony's and that's coming form a ps2 oqwner with a whole library of games so it all really depends on what you like in a gaming system, would you rather have graphics over gameplay? i dont think that it is right for people just to flatly say that "psp is better because..... dont waste ur money on the DS" or the other way around because not everyone will want to watch movies or whatever the psp has once again thats just my opinion but i dont care if you guys trash it
    -Dave

3. doubledee

doubledee Member

Good call Davidleal,
    I choose game play over graphics. In the pong generation we seemed to be fine thne so why think about graphics now?

4. davidleal

davidleal Member

exactly my point i like the way you think doubledee lol :d

5. doubledee

doubledee Member

David we could be ds buddies!

6. icp1

icp1 Guest

they all suck

7. doubledee

doubledee Member

YOU SUCK U SHMUCK!

8. doubledee

doubledee Member

The PSP is technology for the sake of technology. So baisicly that means that they have the features on it because they can, not because it is necessary.

9. drkstar

drkstar Guest

yea psp kills the ds. i have both. trust me the psp has a million other capabilitys than the ds. besides whats the point of have 2 screens. only a retar* whould be entertained by that. touch screens my a**. that is the stupidest gimmick in the world, along with the 2 screens. this system is generaly for 5-7 year olds. trust me.

10. jimtsp

jimtsp Member

Yes you can play other ppl on the internet with the psp. Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade is the only online game out right now, I don't have it but im thinking about getting it. Why are we even talking about DS vs PSP when they both can have the same features such as playing music and videos etc.. The real question is do you want to play a N64(Nintendo DS) or do you want to play a PS2(PSP). The thing i like most about the PSP is that you can shut it off while playing a game and turn it back on and be right where you left off. This comes in handy when your in a hurry and don't have time to save.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  11. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

That turning off in the middle of the game and later turning it on to be where you left off feature. I bet the same thing would happen if the batteries died and you later brought them back to life. I need to know does the DS have this ability or is it just another PSP gimick as some have said.

I would not call it a gimick I would call it being brilliant when designing the system. Another example of SONY looking out for the customer. But for real I do not know if the DS does this.

-Del

12. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

i'm still for the DS. go ahead and name the million features of the PSP. and it's not about the graphics. it's the games. the DS' games are for everyone. and the PSP only gets the attention of people from ages 13-25 i guess. while the nintendo gets the attention of people from ages 10(pokemon)- 15(final fantasy)-40(mario) :p trash the PSP. like the PSP could cut and slice the DS and throw it to the lake. dumb ass...

13. jimtsp

jimtsp Member

This topic should really be called Nintendo vs Playstation, because its just hardcore Nintendo fans vs hardcore Playstation fans. I have been gaming since i was 5 and still have my atari, NES, SNES, Sega Gen. and PS1(and yes they all still work just fine). Nintendo has just went down hill ever since the N64. Nintendo's biggest mistake with the DS is that it doesn't use disk for games, and that they only have it going at N64 level instead of Gamecube level.

14. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

Hard core Nintendo fans vs hardcore psp fans!!! HARDCORE YEAH!!!

15. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

Like the psp, the ds can be flipped closed during a game, folded, put away for several hours... and then opened up and at the same spot, can be played where u left off. Oh dudes, sorry, I was very dissapointed to find out that the DS and PSP wireless gaming disrupts my grandfathers pace maker lol jm... but u can play on the airplanes or else... well u know why they say not to call with ur cell phones in a plane... peace...
    (or not)

16. RIZZOMI6

RIZZOMI6 Guest

Hi
    I soo want the psp and i can't wait till it cums 2 my doorstep:p.Oh yeh and by the way [bold]sljusevi[/bold] just go into http://www.google.co.uk/
    and type in sony psp in uk and loads of websites will cum.I ordered mine from electricbirdland for the value pack.

Hope that helps sljusevi

CAN'T WAIT!!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  17. RIZZOMI6

RIZZOMI6 Guest

18. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

thanks rizzo im thinking about buying a psp from a
    japanesse homesite. but the problem is what if i buy a
    psp from japan and then it has dead pixels what am i
    gonna do then i mean i dont think i can send it back to
    japan. how regular is it with dead pixels

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  19. davidleal

davidleal Member

lmao doubledee we should be DS buddies ! lol :D man you guys i actually thought that we were all on the same page about how it all depends on what a person is looking for in a game but apparently you guys just want to trash something that you don't like and give other people the wrong idea... *cough *cough *drkstar
    lol

20. doubledee

doubledee Member

lol david. :D To continue what somebody said i forget who they said that the ds doesnt have disks so it has worse grephics. It is good that i doesnt have disks. It was a smart move because with out disks it takes no time to load and it cant scratch and it keeps the battery life. Disks scratch load a while and deploit the battery life. DS ROX!!! And plus it isnt playstation against nintendo I have a playstation2 and i love it and the psp is the same thing but just way more oney *cough* GIMMICK, screwing you and your money *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.