1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

lol, yeah thats a start.. I dont know why u actually believe that stuff with the "FREE PSP" or "FREE DS". I wonder what happen to all of the people, arguing over DS and PSP. Ha, maybe they all relized PSP is better, j/k..

2. drkstar

drkstar Guest

whats with that dsrocks kid. he should research what his opinion is before says it. he thinks you can buy these empty cartridges and play movies and crap on it. the ds could not play those files if its life depended on it. the psp is only capable of doing that. im not saying its impossible, but u will need a piece of pricy hardware or a modchi. besides, a 512 mb card tosay costs around 100 dollars for 1. a 2 gig disk will cost $2 topps, do the math guys.

3. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

whoops looks like somebody got owned

4. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

LoL. the ds still has better games. :p

5. drkstar

drkstar Guest

o ya i forgot about all those great games that were from 10 years ago. all of the ds's games are from a very long time ago, or they just simply suck. so far Super Mario 64 is the best game out. and it is just a crappy remake. plus all the games that are not remakes suck(ZOO KEEPER,POKEMON DASH,PING PALS,MUCH MORE SUCKERS)THE PSP HAD A LUANCH OF 24 GAMES THAT ARE ALL new and not remakes of 10 years ago.
    CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE TO SEE WHAT I MEAN.
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=1886/

6. doubledee

doubledee Member

Yeha I actually do agree with you except for the mario one. A lot of the games(not all) that are out NOW for the DS do suck. So I am waiting for newer better games for the ds. If they do not have better games for the ds by winter of next year I am getting a PSP. But for the games I have (urban asphault gt, madden 2005, mario 64 ds, metroid hunters demo, and urbz sims in the city) are great so I am still saying that the DS ROX!!!

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I made sure you won't.

8. alerogl4

alerogl4 Member

Just to let you all know, you can play movies, mp3's, and NES games on your DS. You can do this with the GBA movie player. You can also play many other video formats that you can play on your computer. This now gives all those PSP owners a little less to brag about. haha

9. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

For all the atari fans i found out this from the atari site

For the first time, 10 classic originals -- Centipede™, Missile Command® and more -- are all in one package for the Nintendo DS™ system.

Play your Atari favorites like never before with Nintendo DS™ gameplay, providing a hi-tech twist to some lo-fi legends. Each game has an original version as well as a Remix Mode, where three legendary graffiti artists have tagged the classics with their own funky street art.

Ten Classic Games -- play the originals or add stylin' Remix skins.
    Features:
    Ten Classic games, in Original Style and Remix Mode:
    Centipede™
    Missile Command®
    Asteroids®
    Pong®
    Breakout®
    Sprint™
    Tempest™
    Warlords®
    Gravitar®
    Lunar Lander™
    Multiplayer games played across the dual Nintendo DS screens
    Four-Player wireless Multi-Card play
    Touch Screen technology

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  10. vans12

vans12 Regular member

I own a DS and I am very happy with it the only part i dont like is that on the psp you can put your own movies on the umd media and on the ds you can not but other than that i am very happy.

11. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

me too i'm very happy with my DS. my cousin owns a psp, he said it's nice 'cause he likes sony stuff but he got bored of watching movies and listening to mp3 and he would like to try the pictochat and the touch screen on the DS. i lent him my DS and he liked the games. now he's selling his PSP and buying the DS. if you would go to E-bay you would see alot of PSP for sale. LoL. suckers...

12. vans12

vans12 Regular member

ya I would like to try the psp in the store on demo and see what it is like.

13. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

everyone loved the gameboy and you would see every kid in the mall or in school holding one just so they could play with their friends. but now the DS has come and every kid over the world is having one. in japan, every kid has one. and now the US is being reigned by the DS. well, it would be fun for all of us to have one 'cause of the chat capabilities. also you don't need the game itself for multiplayer. only one cartidge is needed so that all of you could play. so the PSP's software library doesn't have a single unique gameplay experience among it so far. Well, unless you count the musical puzzler Lumines, anyway. The Nintendo DS, by its nature, should be supplying a unique gameplay experience every time. However, as we've seen so far, few Nintendo DS games actually make use of all the system's abilities. Even so, no matter what, the PSP will never be able to deliver the gameplay experience the Nintendo DS does. Then again, I'm not so sure the old Nintendo DS gameplay well hasn't run dry already. How many more ways are there to use a stylus and a microphone? That said, subtract the superior graphics, and the Nintendo DS is capable of pulling off any PSP game, and more. nintendo could develop the best handheld by now just like they did with the gameboy color with the camera and printer. nintendo just knows what's right for evrybody. while sony just wants the money. while graphically the weaker of the two systems, the Nintendo DS is still an excellent gaming system, and not just in a “when considered by itself” sort of way, either. Even when compared directly to the PSP, the DS is able to come away the winner on some very key points. Primarily, this has to do with its interface, meaning the touch screen and the microphone. Both have very real, concrete applications that make the DS a powerful system for games, and I’m not just talking about being able to “touch” Wario. one thing I will say is that the ladies love the DS. My girlfriend has problems putting it down, yet can't seem to understand why I'd want to spend so much for a PSP that plays the same kinds of games my consoles do. In this sense, Nintendo is right when it says that the DS will bring new people into gaming. And believe me, I'm all for it. The lack of loading times on the system is also a nice bonus--especially after suffering through the PSP's awful waits. told ya the DS is for everybody. they're developing games for all ages and bot female and male. there's this game where you can create your own band. there's this game where you take care of puppies like petz on the PC. they will be releaing final fantasy and dynasty warriors which will gonna be a big hit for sure. all i can say is that the DS has the more addicting games and i'm sure that the PSP's value isn't as great as the DS. i'm sure everyone will get bored of the mp3 features and the movie capabilities.

trust me. the DS is winning. :p

14. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

DSrocks---Put some paragraphs in there or something. To scary to read.

-Del

15. fsfd1

fsfd1 Member

im definately going to get apsp they look wikid and the games look pritty cool aswell just waitin for sony to give a european release date

16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ fsfd1

Let's remove the link from your sig.

17. doubledee

doubledee Member

18. doubledee

doubledee Member

19. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

wow doubledee, i liked the site you gave. it looks like the DS wins it all.

and mr_del, i'll try putting indentions next time. thanks anyways! ;)

20. sljusevi

sljusevi Guest

qoute it looks like the ds wins it all

no it dosent the games suck, bad grapichs and what does it do that the psp cant

please tell me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.