1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limelight

limelight Regular member

Read my post again. I was speculating about the system, not giving false information.

2. Dsrocks!

Dsrocks! Member

your guys buy the nintendo ds. its much better then the psp it has th etouch screen pictochat wireless adapter (there making a movie adapter for the ds and al one where u can watch tv on it) so if u dont have neither buy the ds people!

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well it was false info because it isnt true. Im not trying to flame you or anything but i just want people to know true things about the ds and the psp.

4. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

hmmmmm.. I know the PSP hasnt come out yet so I cant really say anything... I like both of them so far.. I just went on a band trip to the Inaug. Parade and played a DS for the first time and I never touched one or knew any info except it had to screens. I played and it was very fun and wit the chat wireless playing and good graphics for a hand-held.I love to play video games. I like Mario and yoshi but im too big bout them. I also like PS2 stuff and im thinkin bout gettin the PSP instead of DS because of all of the downloads and I went to EB games and a person who worked there told me that you could buy a device to play ur PS2 games on PSP. But then you might need a memory stick and it cost more. But the DS is not too much of my type. The PSP is comin out with like 20 games ASA the handheld comes out. But DS will take a while before it comes out with many games.I also heard bout that PSP has way better graphics too. So if I chose one I might go with the PSP cause of the games (GTA,NBA and NFL street, Metal Gear Acid and plus more), the graphics, and length on wireless playing. Unless I play one and dont like it then i'll go with DS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005
  5. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Ive heard that the battery power on the PSP doesnt go for long, and if you want to make it go longer your going to have to buy a battery add-on. Its just not really worth it, everything you have to buy for the PSP is just TOO much. And anyways, the DS is coming out with a bundle of games soon. Personally im waiting for online games, especially Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2.

6. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

gosh..ofcourse the DS is the better one...nintendo has been in the handhels war for years. they say the psp is good, sure...but it will have a few errors for sure...the nintendo ds has a lot of experience...and someone said that he can't imagine writing with the stylus while playing....you have a lot to learn man...check out this site if you dont bleieve me..http://www.nintendo.com/theater and another one said...that nintendo only makes childish games....another amateur...maybe you're only like 10 yrs. old man.. the final fantasy crystal chronicles is damn hard, it's even better than the final fantasy games of sony...and the DS has more features. double screen, touch screen, wireless communication, wireless chat, maybe the PSP rocks, but the DS reigns! think abt it..my friend has a ds, and he just realized that exact day that the ds is better :p

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I like your name.

8. slater999

slater999 Guest

THIS IS MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really dont think there is much point of the ds having two screens remember this is a games console. Its a games console ure goin to use like in the car when the touch screen wont be usable. Also the nintendo games are abit behind the times of today for people above 12 years. The psp has much better graphics and all the features you need for hardcore gaming!!!! Also the battery life on the psp will not be a problem you really think sony will just do that without creating a bigger battery pack or some thing. THE PSP IS BY FAR THE BEST AND WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

Well yea the DS battery life is longer so what.. I think the PSP is worth the money cuz of it's BIGGER screen and you can look at it all the time if ya know what i mean!!.. The graphics are better too.. also it like a couple or few months DS is comin out wit like 20 games...well PSP is comin out wit 20 games as soon as it comes out and its gonna continue to come out wit more.. I think the DS is good too, but i would jus prefer gettin the PSP... REMEMBER THIS IS MY OPINION SO DONT BE PISSED..

10. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Whats your point about it being a game console??? Why cant a game console have two screens? And the main thing i dont get about what you just said is, HOW WOULD YOU NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE TOUCH SCREEN IN THE CAR. The only way you wouldnt be able to use the touch screen in the car is if you're the driver and you shouldnt be playing a DS in the car if you're driving anyways. Trust me the PSP isnt worth the money. Sony is just takin up all your money. Think about the battery add-on and the keyboard thing or whatever its called your going to have to buy for the PSP. It might be just a little hard chatting when you have to pick each letter and press a to put it in. Seems a little inconvenient to me to buy a Sony. But hey.... thats just my opinion. My opinion seems a lot more logical to me...

11. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

i think its still a little too early to be debating this. Since sony has yet to launch PSP anywhere other than Japan, the majority of people have yet to play one therefore i think its a little unfair to compare an actual working retail system with one that hasn't even been released yet. As you all know, the release plays a very important part in the success of any system. If the PSP launches with reliable units that arent full of defects and with a large list of quality titles, it may stand a chance to take the handheld crown from Nintendo. On the other hand, if the launch units are defective and only a couple crappy games are available, it may fail and Nintendo will rule once again. Only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2005
  12. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

I got the DS and am currently reserving the PSP right now. I think the DS sucks. I dont know what online capabilities you are talking about but so far there arnt any. The DS is good for chatting and playing wirelessly but hey the PSP does the same thing. It will evan have an MP3 player on it. And anyways....If socom 2 or 3 comes out for the PSP then the PSP will be worth 180 dollars that it is

13. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Toiletman will try and predict the future!

*Mystical music*

PSP wins the handheld sales closely, due to the Sony fanbase.

*End Mystical music*

That's all, folks!

14. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

I think there was rumblings about a successor to the Gameboy advance and nintendo has stated that the nintendo DS, though it can play GBA games is not the true succesor to the GBA therefore, there are some strong statements from the nintendo of america that nintendo itself say that there is going to be another gameboy possibly. it may be that thier making one right now... but what I heard from it is that it was going to have the capabilities of about the same as the psp (though it said that it would have game cube graphics..somewhere along the lines of the current consoles)but anyways from that those of you that say that the psp isn't out yet... its out in japan cough-I live here-cough so I got to try it out simply I like they way it controls, it feels just like a regular game console... but nintendo makes something for those who are tired of something so limited as to a controller that consoles are so fond of, therefore making me a DS person and I think if nintendo wanted to they could have 2 different types of portables going on franchise (awesome) simultaneously... like people in the future MAY have to pick between a gameboy uh... Advance advance... and a nintendo DS 2 hehehe.... oh yeah and also a psp 2...

Don't look back because you'll fall

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  15. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Then we'll have double the games to choose from! Except... the greatest games may not be on "Game Boy Advanced Advanced ;)" or as some would say, "Game Boy Advanced 2", since DS came out first.

Unless it's coming out 3 years later etc.

16. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well if you havent heard the Nintendo DS is getting an MP3 thing too, and a thing where you get to record like shows or movies on TV and watch them later and stuff on your DS. Im not sure about the release on any of these items, but now nobody can say that the PSP is better than the DS because of MP3 now that you know the DS is getting it too. And the online capabilities for the DS are said to be out in about march and you will use a wireless router and hotspots and stuff. Nobody knows if it's gonna cost money or not. People think it wont, but if it does it will be no more than five dollars a month.

17. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

How much is the ds and psp?

19. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

The Nintendo DS costs 150 dollars and ive heard that to get the psp now you have to buy a whole starter kit which costs around 270 dollars, and doesnt even come with a game it comes with a dvd. There are also several glitches in the psp, i would definitely recommend the DS.

20. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

To tell the truth I think that both systems have a graphic related disadvantage I've look at them so far... it seem that putting 3d graphics in a system with a small screen even to the psp has a sort of pixelated effect MAYBE because of how grphics are put in 3D in a smaller screen. for the DS, the games in 3d seem to have pixelation when ur playing super mario DS. The walls of a building if the camera is close to the wall shows pixelated squares but is hardly noticeable when u start playing and the camera is not always close to the wall. When I was playing dynasty warriors 3 on my friends psp, shingsangokumusou or whatever the japanese name for dynasty wariors 3 was blurry at some spots in the game itself. meaning that the psp MIGHT have had used some kind of blurring technique to hide the pixelation effect of the "portable effect" but again the same thing applies to what I said about the DS, playing the games will let the player care less about those problems. Just wanted to point that out. (what I call it) but hey thier the best portable gaming can give right now and it totally kicks u know what so bring in the disco ball and crank up the music because were going to have a disco party where everyone is sitting down while playing our portables... lol that, my friend, would be funny

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.