1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Psst... it's called a LAN Party! =D

2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah I think ill stick with the DS i have allways liked nintendo the first console i got was the nes.

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Just yesterday i went to my friends house and one of his other friends there had his ds and i brought mine too. We did pictochat and stuff and it was pretty convenitent. We actually played a game because he hid from us and i used my DS to get clues from him where he was and we found him lol. My other friend might get a DS too. I just found out like a couple of days ago that the PSP square button which is closest to the screen starts to stick after a while and you have to hit the button quite hard to make it work. Ive also heard that there are pixels missing. On another forum site i go to this one person said his PSP screen slowly started to get shadier and shadier until you couldnt even see the whole right side of the screen and it was black! Oh and i now know for sure that when you are playing games that need a lot of battery it only lasts about 3 hours and you have to charge again, and that's accurate information.

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Do you get a game when you buy the ds?

5. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Is it true that if you say turn left it will make your character turn left?

6. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

wow, so many people want the ds. i too am getting one. it's true about the psp, when it's control pad is all sticky and all that. and who cares if the psp has mp3. how can you hear the sounds of the game when there's stupid mp3. and since there's mp3, i bet the game's graphics would be bad and the games would be slow. and get freezed frequently or sumthin. and also the pictochat rules! and the psp is quite expensive. if you want a mp3 player, try buyin the ipod and the nintendo ds. there are lots of new things to try like the touch screen. there's thtis video i saw about games of the nintendo ds using the stylus and it's cool. i also visited this site named www.gamefaqs.com and there's apoll stating "are you getting a sony psp?" there were 4 choices, 1)yes, i love it. 2)yes, it sounds great. 3)no, not enought money. 4)no, i dont want one....and guess what won? choice number 4. it shows that nobody wants to buy the stupid psp. i bet nintendo will come up of even more good games....and i'm lookig forward to that!!! psp may rule but the ds reigns! ; )

7. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

wow, so many people want the ds. i too am getting one. it's true about the psp, when it's control pad is all sticky and all that. and who cares if the psp has mp3. how can you hear the sounds of the game when there's stupid mp3. and since there's mp3, i bet the game's graphics would be bad and the games would be slow. and get freezed frequently or sumthin. and also the pictochat rules! and the psp is quite expensive. if you want a mp3 player, try buyin the ipod and the nintendo ds. there are lots of new things to try like the touch screen. there's thtis video i saw about games of the nintendo ds using the stylus and it's cool. i also visited this site named www.gamefaqs.com and there's apoll stating "are you getting a sony psp?" there were 4 choices, 1)yes, i love it. 2)yes, it sounds great. 3)no, not enought money. 4)no, i dont want one....and guess what won? choice number 4. it shows that nobody wants to buy the stupid psp. i bet nintendo will come up of even more good games....and i'm lookig forward to that!!! psp may rule but the ds reigns! ; )

8. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Ok Both Psp and Ds hav online stuff,the Ds has A touch screen,(oo aw not that great [although it does seem like a kool idea for gaming]), But the psp has MP3, DVD, And Photos (No camera).
    The Psp cost more but has way more launch games, better graphics (my opinion)and a better handle, i used the ds an thought it was anoying to use. And thats all i got to say about that.

9. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Actually, the DS is getting a sort of MP3 and video thing too. The DS is also not annoying at all to use. It probably was from a store and had to be secured onto something so it wont get stolen. Well maybe the PSP will come with a free bottle of WD-40 for the square button HAHAHAHA LOL. And, maybe in the box the PSP will have some free money to make up for the fortune of money you have to spend on it...... the games,the accessories and just the plain expensive PSP kit itself. Oh, and have fun playing your DS for 3 hours and recharging. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  10. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

hahah what a coinsidence, my friends were just having a discussion about this (the price.) One of my friends said that "geez with that price, it better come with a cup holder" hahaha but yeah its a heafty price but its the choice and thought of the system that counts. I someone really would want it of course thier going to do what ever they want. Like me with the ds. I personally like the psp and are planning to get one pertty soon along with my ds and again I'm going to have to work for it :(

11. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

nah... none of you kids (fanboys) convinced me. Nice try though. I'm getting a PSP, along with Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo 4, and Grand Theft Auto. Tell Mario and Yoshi I say "hi".

PS. Toiletman... how old are you???

12. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Personly I like the DS I played it over at a friens house and to be honest it wasn't that bad (not to great either), If I could I WOULD get bothbut i don't have the cash, n i havnt seen anything on the ds mp3 thingy.

13. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Are you impressed with my level of English grammar? =D I'm 15.

14. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I'm younger than that! :)

15. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

nananana! ds reigns over the stupid psp. is the psp that stupid big thing with the sticky control pad? yup.... oh it's the one with the dvd that produces sucky graphics?...oh no? it's the one with an mp3 that lets your psp freeze or sumthin...no wait! it's the one with the pictures that's uglier than the psp itself! LOL.... myabe it's all of those things i said...just telling! ; )

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

how many hours of gameplay does the ds have DSROCKS?

17. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well im not dsrocks, but im pretty sure that it has like 12 hours of gameplay. Oh, and dsrocks you forgot to add about the PSP's square button! HAHAHA! Well...... ive got to say this is the best thread in afterdawn!

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

thanx neolance

19. ydoolb

ydoolb Guest

I didn't think I would like the DS. I just happened to get a nice bonus at work at the same time it came out and was feeling nostalgic for mario 64. The stylus and the thumb strap work extremely well, plus Tiger Woods controls very well with a stylus. I'll probably end up gettin a PSP too although i love my DS.

20. shta_mite

shta_mite Member

hey let all get somthing better, the nintendo revoultion, the ps3, and the x-box 2, boo yah beats everything else. oh yeah yo, Jauzzi, Mario says hi back. I dont know if u dissing the guy who practically paved the way for the gaming industry and sold more than metal gear solid, grand theft auto (although I love that game), and grand tourismo(this one too). mario makes millions with each console for nintendo including, the very first nintendo console the nes. Just wonder why judging by the cover is always the deal now adays

by the way toilet man, impressive vocabulary... jm I'm 15 too

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.