1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

That is a very untrue statement. I've had my DS since Christmas, and i dont have any scratches at all, and i used it a lot when i first got it. And also what i would like to know is how would you know if the PSP isn't easy to scratch??? What were you doing trying to scratch a PSP that they had on display for people to check out...not very considerate. I also think that the DS looks way better anyways than the PSP because on the PSP like almost all of it is screen! The DS also flips open and closes and that protects the screens even more.

2. dsrules

dsrules Member

psp has to many faults such as :

1. dead pixels
    2. sticky buttons getting stuck
    3. air bubbles inside screen
    4. dust on the inside of the screen
    5. rubbish battery life
    6. ridiculous price

personally i will be playing with the nintendo ds

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You know, hardly anyone is going to listen to you because of your name. I mean, COME ON, what kind of guy would base his name on a handheld console without worshipping it? =D

4. slater999

slater999 Guest

Well attually you were wrong all of these faults are now fixed these faults were first batch and were sorted quickly as all faults are! The psp's that are coming to england have all be tested for the stickey button and the screen has been sealed in a different way! Oh and it is good that the psp is bassically all screen there is no wasted space like on the ds where they could have had 2 much larger screens!

Oh and your name does suck abit!!

5. slater999

slater999 Guest

One mor thing the most recent expected price for he psp is £130 - £140 which isnt that much more than the ds and well worth the extra!

6. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

I have the DS and it is sooooo boring! I am looking forward to the PSP because games that are coming out on it are the games I like. The DS is taking forever and the games that are coming out arent evan worth my my money! And by they way, the screen on the psp does scratch, easily. It has many on it from the stick you use to play the games.

7. dsrules

dsrules Member

please listen im allowed a psp or a ds plz tell me which one to but give me a good explanation why

8. slater999

slater999 Guest

THE SCREEN DOES NOT SCRATCH I HAVE ONE!!!

(DSRULES)- well i think by your name you want a ds but i would really get the psp!! The screen is much better quality the graphics and th size! Plus the games arnt as babyish as the ds as nintendo arnt up to date with todays games! The looks of the psp are much better the ds just isnt that attractive and me personally i dont see the point in a touch screen plus the psp has alot of extras the ds doesnt have!!

But its your chioce just make sure you no which 1 you want b4 u invest in it!!

9. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Is the PSP even out yet??? And anyways the Nintendo DS's games arent babyish, they are just different types of games, after all, Nintendo is totally different company from Sony. I am actually not against any of the two consoles, but i just wanted to bring up that the DS screen does not scratch easily unless you are a baby and dont know how to take care of expensive things. And i dont think that the PSP's are that price, you have to buy a whole starter kit to get one. Im not really sure about the PSP's screen being able to be scratched easily or not, since i dont have one, but ive heard that it can break or fracture easily. And again that comes to how i dont see how slater says that the PSP screen doesnt scratch......were you trying to scratch it or what....seriously im still quite curious on that... but dsrules, if you just care about getting good graphics and everything and a big screen get the PSP. But if you like the touch screen go for it because its pretty tight man. For Need For Speed Underground 2 which is coming out sometimes in april you draw designs on your car like that! When people say that the DS has babyish games, they really dont know what they are talking about. DS has cool games too and many other classics. Ive heard super smash bros. might come for the DS! That would be cool.

10. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

It depends on what you like. Me i prefer the DS as i like the mario genre games and ones similar to that. Also some of the features on the ds are dual screen, wireless capabilities, chat feature, rechargeable battery, microphone, and of course, a touch pad for the bottom screen.One of the unique features that the DS does have is that it supports up to sixteen-player in multiplayer mode, which works really easy. Just get a group of DS users around and the wireless connectors between the units will automatically connect and you will be ready to play. Although none of the current crop of games has really taken full advantage of this technology, it has massive potential to enhance your gaming experience. There is also a built in microphone, which I think could be used for some neat games for the DS but we will have to see.

11. DanN7650

DanN7650 Member

i've pre-ordered sony PSP US which is release in 21days.. can't wait.

I found a Canadain Site which sells psp for £135 and the games at £21.45 anyone want the site... PM me. i've ordered mines there maybe pay for customs. ship by DHL fast

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  12. dsrules

dsrules Member

hi guys thanx for the advice i think i will purchase a sony psp but im worried about it being fragile plz reply

13. DanN7650

DanN7650 Member

I don't think it will break or whatever the PSP will beat DS by miles. u worry too much.

14. Bcampo9

Bcampo9 Guest

Hey guys hows it going? well I see all of yall are going to spend big bucks on a PSP well click on this link and you will get one absolutley free i promise you they even pay for shipping. This is no gimmick, (I thought It was at first until I tried it) this is like the best thing ever. All you have to do is complete one offer(I would suggest the blockbuster or the free PC software its the cheapest and easiest.) Believe me this is no gimmick i promise.

15. Bcampo9

Bcampo9 Guest

sorry guys im totally dumb i frogot the link (yeah you are dumb cause you just got banned for spamming this crap)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2005
  16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

is anyone gonna try this thing? and where do u live USA, Australia?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2005
  17. Bcampo9

Bcampo9 Guest

Hi im glad your consirned but i live in the US and i dont know if it will work in other countries but All i know is that this thing is this thing is for real. Believe me I already did it and got my PSP already now im just waiting for the games to come out LOL(cant wait for nba street showdown!!!)

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

i probably would do it but says US only.

19. Bcampo9

Bcampo9 Guest

well im sorry to here this but if you can tell other people about this maybe they live in the us and can get a free psp and give it to you for your b-day or christmas. LOL

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

yeah lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.