1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS vs. Sony PSP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dualux

dualux Guest

Geez Del, you need to learn your spelling.

Nintendo will be releasing a new console named revolution,
    this is going to be their first backwards compatible system
    and will be able to play Gamecube games. In terms of
    originality nintendo has the entire pie, no body can touch
    them.

This quote is from Satoru Iwata (president of Nintendo) sums
    up the way nintendo thinks, "Making games look
    photorealistic is not the only way of improving the game
    experience," he said. "We need to have more than one
    definition of quality."

I guess I have a different perspective on what gaming should
    be as I lived through the entire life span of todays video game
    culture and am pissed at the corruption that Sony and now
    Microsoft have caused. Back when the game industry
    consisted of Nintendo and Sega was when video games were
    fun, now-a-days they take on the form of political
    propaganda (Socom, Rainbow 6), pointless violence (GTA),
    and just plain money maker games (GT).

The GBA did integrate with the Gamecube...

"the upcoming add ons that do not exist yet?" I don't know
    what these add ons are that everyone is waiting for? I think
    people have been making up these DS add ons in order to
    make it seem like it will have the same crappy vid and atrac4
    player as the PSP... have you seen the video? It is not really
    that exciting, besides I don't feel like re-buying my entire dvd
    collection, I can watch them on my laptop.

"If you look at the numbers the DS is a far better machine.
    You can not deny it." -- Thank you, lol.

The DS will more than likely be compatible with the
    "Revolution" and wirelessly as well.

I am not denying that the PSP is a better machine, you cannot
    argue that because of the technical specifications. All I am
    saying is that you are judging quality through the eyes of
    mass consumerism, wherein the higher the number the
    better.

The only reason I came on here is to mention that you, like
    many other people I know, have been bought out by Sony's
    corporate image (the "hardcore rebel system that makes you
    more of a man" image), they have you eating out of the palm
    of their hand.

"If thats what rocks your boat then enjoy your furry animals
    since thats probaly the only fur you will get." The only fur I
    will get? That's interesting, and what is that supposed to
    mean? Is that supposed to be some kind of metaphor for
    something that you do not understand, do you even know
    what you mean?

You are a smug little guy, Del, just because you are going to
    blow $350CDN on a PSP doesn't mean you have to convince
    everybody that it is better. The psp is a good system the Ds is
    a good system, you don't need to make up all of this BS about
    both.

-=(-_-)=-, this is a waste of typing..

BTW PS3, apparently, will not be compatible with PS1.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2005
  2. dualux

dualux Guest

The game I am most looking forward to for DS is Katamari Damacy which is coming out to take advantage of the touch screen. Might come out for psp...oh wait only one analogue stick...dang.

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Shouldnt your no buddy be nobody. How many times do I have to say it is up to you. Your gonna get what you like. You must like novels. My kids May enjoy the DS but I wont. I will stick to PC gameing until the first price drop happens. So no I wont spend $250 US on PSP. I guess I forgot to mention that PSP will will Intergrate without cords.

Sounds like Nintendo finaly learned a lesson to made a backwards Compatabile system. I guess that was thier original idea though wasn't it? Im not the only one here saying the PSP is better and you are not the only one here saying DS is better. AGAIN I SAY, I dont care it all comes down to what you like. I've said that about a million times by now. and about those add ons I have no clue, ask neolance about those he brought it up.

Now go on little one and try to terrorize another PSP supporter. Cant even leave an opinion without somebody writing a novel on how dumb they think you are. I think its funny. So go on and pluck things from here and twist my words arround. The forum maker wanted to know what was better so I answered. You answered as well and the rest of us did too.

Now I will say it again so there is no confusion on where I stand. Both DS and PSP have thier own features. They have about the same number of features but not the same ones. DS is inovative with its touch screen. I Prefer the PSP. The bottom line is that you are going to get what you feel is best. Then we both will have what we feel is best. There said it again. Almost all my posts have carried this message.

-Del

4. dualux

dualux Guest

This is pointless. Oh, I am sorry I am such a horrible person that has become a Mr.Del/PSP supporter terrorist. You came on this thread saying "I Hate Nintendo' so I guess I am terrorizing a terrorist. Anyways, I am laying this to rest, like I said I came on here to call some of the BS, but seeing how anyone who has a clue is considered a terrorist, I am not going to bother. Needless to say that me replying to anything on here will be twisting words around.

Your not worth my time. Have your chuckle and feel good about yourself as you represent 90% of the population with the abrasive "centre of the universe" personality who gets off on this crap. I am going to stop replying to you and you can stop being a self serving jerk who thinks he's hot $h!t.

5. dualux

dualux Guest

Like I was saying before, I am looking forward to Kaminari Damacy to come out for DS: I love that game, if you have played this game you can understand the kind of game I like. Also, I can't wait for Viewtiful Joe to make it's appearance on the DS aswell. The psp is going to have the new twisted metal which should be cool, but why all the sport's games? 80% of the games coming out for psp are sports?

So, what game/platform is at the top of eveyones list? You've heard mine, let's hear yours.

6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

tsk tsk such language. Let me call the fire department for you. Your last post just showed my opinions. If I was not worth your time then why did you even post to me. Good day

-Del

7. dualux

dualux Guest

My last post showed MY opinions, and you proved them, thanks.

8. dualux

dualux Guest

Again:

Like I was saying before, I am looking forward to Kaminari Damacy to come out for DS: I love that game, if you have played this game you can understand the kind of game I like. Also, I can't wait for Viewtiful Joe to make it's appearance on the DS aswell. The psp is going to have the new twisted metal which should be cool, but why all the sport's games? 80% of the games coming out for psp are sports?

So, what game/platform is at the top of eveyones list? You've heard mine, let's hear yours.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

This thread reminds me of liquored up rednecks arguing whether Ford or Chevy is better.

10. dualux

dualux Guest

lol, that's good.

11. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Nephilim It kind of reminds me of Democrat VS Republican. I sobered up now. Have to admit, its fun reading.

-Del

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Yeah it's fun :)

13. dualux

dualux Guest

yeah it is a fun read, guess I was in a weird mood, no hard
    feelings del. The whole discussion reminded me of when a
    forum thread turns into a religious debate where there is no
    real answer as it is completely subjective and the only arsenal
    you have is the twisting of words. I think I just needed a good
    argument...tired of people agreeing with me...lol.

Good Times...with this all said and done, I am going to go and
    buy a PSP...lol just kidding.

14. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

psp won...

15. dualux

dualux Guest

that's cool.

16. dualux

dualux Guest

"But I have heard the sony psp has already made more money than the ds and its not evan out in the US right now"

The DS has now sold over 4 million units worldwide. ... and flaws of the rushed PSP has left it struggling with 700000 units sold only in Japan.

17. RIZZOMI6

RIZZOMI6 Guest

Can u help me find a sony psp value pack ! THANX

18. jwill247

jwill247 Guest

guess what I got PSP and with value pack and spiderman 2 video. I think PSP would own the DS to be honest.. I played DS games like feel the magic Madden and Mario when it came out and it was pretty fun and I played it with other ppl wireless and it was fun.. But I played PSP with no wireless cause only one of my friends got it too but he couldnt come over and im having a blast with it. Graphics are better than PS1 but just a lil worse than PS2 and i am shocked .. Ive been playin Metal Gear Acid and NFL street 2 unleashed, they are the bomb, I cant wait to play wireless with some people. The only thing I would have to say negative is that on NFL street it took a lil while for me to get use to the D- pad cuz I didnt feel like usin the Analog to much on it and it takes a lil while to load games and thats it... My next games are GTA, NFSU Rivals, and NBA street showdown.. If you havin a struggle between choosing one I would say PSP, unless your short of money.

19. dsrocks

dsrocks Member

nice feedback on the PSP,jwill247. seems like you're really having fun with it. i too, am having fun with my DS, the games are awesome and the pictochat works well. i guess both systems are good! but i'm still for nintendo all the way! :)

20. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Actually Mr_Del, i am in the 7th grade. That was a very stupid statement about 7th graders liking the DS since it is "kiddy". What kind of loser are you? Are you around 20 or older and still playing video games? I know i wont be playing video games when im that old, give me a break. Im sure everyone will agree that middle schoolers are the majority that buy video games anyways. You are pure "fanboy". You wont take into consideration that the DS is also worth buying. Add-ons? How many add-ons have you heard of for the DS? The mp3 and possibly videos? What else is there? Why are you talking about the ps2 games anyways its not like you can stick the CD in there anyways, and if that is possible in the future, what is that? Another add-on. Nintendo was smart putting a GBA slot in the DS, because most people have GBA's. Your little "Nintendo taking your money" is getting very old. Nintendo has always been the cheaper more convenient console to buy as opposed to the Playstation and XBOX, and other expensive consoles. I currently own a DS, have no problems with it except not many games. You people trading in your DS's, that is a very stupid move. You guys are very impatient that you cant wait for the games to start coming out. Im looking to buy a PSP also, so i can have the capabilites of both machines.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.