1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NKP RGB nDure option botched and fixed

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Aesomatic, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Aesomatic

Aesomatic Member

I hope that I can do this through ftp.

I've used ndure+xbhdmaker to hotswap/softmod my US1.6 Xbox.

Everything works.

I enabled the nk rgb option when I shouldn't have. My screen is now scrambled and the blacks have a green tint when I use my component cables. Ugly. (Using composite, everything looks normal but of course, no hd or widescreen)

I need to somehow modify a setting to turn off the nkpatcher option.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. Aesomatic

Aesomatic Member

Alright, I fixed it, thank you for perusing. If anyone is interested, I created a document in Notepad called "video.bin" and typed in "01" to enable forced progressive, but not forced vga fix (02 would be forced vga fix and 03 would be both). I then copied this file and renamed as "eeprom_off.bin". Note that it doesn't matter what data you have in the eeprom_off.bin, this file is merely a switch, telling your xbox to save these settings (correct me if I'm wrong). I ftp'ed both of these files (video.bin and eeprom_off.bin) into a directory that I created in E:/ called NKP11. So your file structure would be

XBOX
    E:/NKP11/video.bin

and

E:/NKP11/eeprom_off.bin

I then rebooted the xbox to find that my previous color issues had flown away for good.

I am having problems locking another drive (frozen status, tried everything but black magic) but that's a story for another day.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  3. tjt1980

tjt1980 Member

I have been having a similar problem. I never selected the nkpatcher option when I was building my ndure disk. When I use composite cables, everything looks great, but when I use my componenet cables, everything is pinkish and flickers like crazy. After a ton of research, i'm pretty sure that nkpatcher is my problem. The E:\NKP11 directory does not currently exist. Can I still create the E:\NKP11 folder and associated files without having ever installed nkpatcher? Or is nkpatcher always installed by default, and what I am prompted for during the ndure build are only options? Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. Aesomatic

Aesomatic Member

It is fixable through ftp. Just create the directory in your ftp program (mine didn't exist either). To answer your question, I'm pretty sure that nkpatcher is installed with all of kingroach's nDure setups.

Absolute worst case scenario: You create a directory that does nothing and can easily delete it.

5. tjt1980

tjt1980 Member

I'll give it a try when I get home. Hopefully this works. I have gone through 2 sets of components thinking it may have been that.

6. tjt1980

tjt1980 Member

Well, it worked. I'm not sure why, but it did. I undertsnad the whole 1, 2 or 3 thing being a switch, but i'm not sure why you need the switch. I would like to know more about this kernel patcher. Thanks for your help.

7. Aesomatic

Aesomatic Member

Glad to hear, hopefully others stumble across this too.