1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No AC3 Sound

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by MDPR, Apr 1, 2005.

1. MDPR

MDPR Member

This is my first time doing this, and very inexperienced. So any replies need to be written the same as for 3 year olds (!!)
    I have just converted an AVI file to DVD-R using the guides on the site. The sound was AC3, so I extracted this using VirtualDubMod. I followed the instructions (I think) correctly. Then using IFOEdit, I put my AC3 file into the Audio section.
    I was left with 4 VOB files, 2 BUP files and 2 IFO files to burn onto my DVD-R and when I playback the movie, I have no sound! Please help. Have I done something wrong? Was there files missing from those 8 I burned?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Maybe you cannot decode AC3 files. Just uncompress it to WAV and use it. If the 'uncompressed WAV' extracted with VirtualDubMod is 200-300 MB and NOT 1.2 GB you cannot decode AC3 files and you must uncompress it with HeadAC3he (or install an AC3 codec. on your PC to solve this problem..)