1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Adobe Flash On Samsung Smart TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spirittoo, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Wellsir ... I just got this Samsung UN32J4500AK and I wanted to install adblocker plus to Chrome which is the default browser ... I couldn't see how to do it so I went to the live chat with Samsung. It appears I can't update anything. Apparently it doesn't have flash player ... well here is what I was told ...

It is because the browser does not have the adobe flash update. Also you will not be able to install any app from Google play store on the TV, such as adblock plus.

Due to expiration of Flash Player support for CE devices, 2015 new Smart TV could not support the contents for Flash Player on Web browser. Some web sites could convert the Flash contents for HTML5 based on information of connected devices, but others do not or just show the error message. In those web site, TV could not show the contents correctly or run the contents.

TV could not show the video contents which is running with Adobe Flash Player.

The company, Adobe who made Flash Player stop develop for CE devices. So new TV does not support Flash Player, but supports HTML5. And it is mentioned in the e-manual saying that "TV does not support playback of flash videos".

This is the limitation of 2015 TVs.

So there you have it. Now what I am wondering is ... what about the other smart TV's would it be the same with them or is this just Samsung. If so I can send it back and get another brand that will allow me to use adblocker plus.

What say you???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.