1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio after burning xvid to dvd

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mxxmikexx, Apr 6, 2005.

1. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

heres the deal, i successfully burned meet the fockers which was an xvid file that i used DVD SANTA to burn it to DVD and it worked fine. now im trying to burn oceans 12 which is another xvid file that plays fine on my pc, but everytime i try burning it to dvd it never gives me audio, the audio folder is empty once it burns. the only thing that im questioning is when i open the files up with dvd santa it shows what type of audio file it is and meet the fockers is PCM and oceans12 is AC3, does this have anything to do with why im not getting audio? PLEASE HELP this is frustrating and im sure theres a simple solution to this.!

2. HALTRON

HALTRON Member

What you should probably do is demultiplex oceans 12 AC3 file from the XviD data. Once the video is encoded re-multiplex the audio and video data. Im not familiar with DVD Santa so i can't know if it is capable of processing AC3 files (this is Dolby Digital and has better compression and sound quality than linear PCM - generally).

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Otherwise, directly decompess that AC3 to WAV and ask DVDSanta to re-encode it to AC3, if it's able to (It should, since it's a DVD authotng application).
    Probably DVDSanta has just the problem to 'read' AC3 files, not to make them...

4. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

if the problem is dvd santa , can you guys recommend another program that i can use to successfully copy an xvid movie to dvd? thanks in advance! im new to all this so i appreciate the help!

5. HALTRON

HALTRON Member

For converting DivX to MPEG2 i would recommend TMPGEnc 2.5 or Express3. It sounds like it could be worth your while getting the AC3 plugin aswell.

6. mxxmikexx

mxxmikexx Member

But the converted files play fine on my pc with audio, so isnt this an entirely different issue with burning the mpeg files to dvd? because once i burn the dvd if i go into my computer it has the audio and video files but the audio folder is always empty.

7. HALTRON

HALTRON Member

You're right it sounds like an authoring problem wit AC3 try DVD Lab Pro, i use this an have never had 1 issue. As a side note there should never be any files in the audio directory of a DVD VIDEO. This folder is for advanced DVD AUDIO which there is little support for at the moment. All the audio of a movie is stored in the VOB files which are contained in the VIDEO folder.