1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio After Encoding from .avi PLEASE HELP !!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Soulja, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Soulja

Soulja Guest

i converted "How High", And "Undisputed" from .avi to .Mpg, and when i play the avi, i hear sound but with the mpg version i just see video no audio. why is this happening. this is my first time experiencing a problem like this too. Please help!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What did you use to encode it?? I reckon TMPGEnc, am I right??

3. Soulja

Soulja Guest

yep.

and to make it simple:
    ORinginal Avi file: Audio And Video
    Encoded From Avi To Mpg: Video But No Audio

4. Dela

Open the .avi in virtualdub http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

click video - direct stream copy and click audio - full processing mode. click audio again and click compression. select no compression pcm and click ok, now click file - save as avi. the avi saved will be much bigger than the original but tmpgenc would have more support for the uncompressed audio!

5. herfy's

herfy's Member

dela,i seem to be having the same problem here and i was just about to post a thread for some help.i have solaris on my pc and it works great through media playerbut as soon as i encode it through tmpgenc i loose the audio and have a great picture,it is a dvd screener.i just followed your instructions for virtual dub but it comes up with an error.the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.i dont understand what that means.i have done a search on my pc and i cant find it anywhere else.can you help me on this one.
    thanks if you can or anyone else for that matter.

6. Dela

Is the file in a shared folder for a p2p app or do you have it loaded into tmpgenc at the same time?

7. herfy's

herfy's Member

hi dela again,no i'ts not in a shared folder and unless there is a hidden folder in tmpgenc it's not loaded in there either.i'm getting a little frustrated as it is a big file and i dont want to download it again as the original works fine just no audio and virtual dub wont let me do anything either.any other suggestions?i'm willing to try anything.i have cce on my pc but not sure what you use it for.will that do any thing .i dont know if any of this helps but these are the stats on the movie.
    IMAGE-W 640
    H 272
    DURATION 1.36.38
    BIT 135KBPS
    AUDIO MPEG LAYER 3
    VIDEO COMPRESION XVID.

i hope i can get it right

8. Dela

Did you get the codecs required for this movie?? When you try to load it into VirtualDUB does it give any error??

One thing you can try quickly with TMPGEnc is click options - environmental setting. Click the Vfapi Plug-in Tab and look for Direct Show in the list. Right click it and raise its priority until it's at the top of the list!

Now try and see if it will encode the sound. Obviously I dont mean wait for the whole movie, you can simply click stop and some of the movie will have been encoded so you can check it for sound!

9. herfy's

herfy's Member

thanks dela for your reply.i have nimo on my pc so i presume i have all the codecs i need.and i have the direct show at the top already.and the error i get in virtual dub says that it cant do it as it is being used by another process but i cant see how or where.i might just have to watch it on my pc.not much fun .would nimo have the codec i need.i would of thought so.looking forward to your reply.it must be a great challenge in life to help people out like you do.i hope to be that knowledgable one day.

10. Dela

The nimo codec pack may have the codec you need but also unfortunately may have tonnes of codecs you done need and all you are going to get is trouble!