1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio (comp. only) w/ Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kidavi, Apr 18, 2005.

1. kidavi

kidavi Member

recently my DVD player decided to conk out on me, so i've been trying to watch a few burned DVDs on the comp. i usually burn movies with Nero Ultra, and they work fine on DVD players and PS2s, but on the computer, they have no audio. there's a VIDEO_TS folder, but the AUDIO_TS doesn't even exist. solutions/suggestions?

(sorry if this question has already been addressed! if it has, please let me know and delete this topic)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Can you hear any audio from your DVD ROM drive? Try playing an Audio CD or original DVD to see.

3. kidavi

kidavi Member

original DVDs, audio CDs, and DVD games play fine, no problems. the issue is solely with DVD-Rs burned with Nero-- DVDs that were copied from originals using DVD Shrink play perfectly.

i never noticed this problem before because i check newly burned DVDs with my player, not my computer.

it seems to occur when i use WinAvi to convert .avi files to DVD format and then burn them with Nero. i do this because it's much faster and more error-free than allowing Nero to do the converting-- but perhaps this would solve the problem...? the DVD .vob files that WinAvi pops out play perfectly with audio before they're burned.

i noticed that DVDs copied with DVD Shrink contain an AUDIO_TS folder (which is completely missing with .avi to Nero), but it's empty. regardless, the sound works just fine... it's puzzling to me because i have DVD Shrink set up to use Nero to burn with anyways.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try using the guide at my website on burning DVD's with Nero. This will put that AUDIO_TS folder on your disk automatically, and that might solve your problem's..

Good Luck :)