1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Audio Device No Music or sounds

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dezmond8, May 30, 2007.

1. dezmond8

dezmond8 Guest

i don't know what happened to the computer i was changing the hard drives (adding more memory) switch on the computer and was listening to my music and the next day i was gone. I looked in the control panel and it there was an explanation park on 'microsoft kernel audio wave mixer' so i decided to boot the computer (re-install Windows XP Home) checked for the kernel mixer and it wasn't there!! tried to play music and it says no audio device. I went to the 'Sounds and audio devices' in the control panel and it says theres no audio device!! i havent had sound for over 2weeks and im literally going crazy!!!!! someone gotta help me with this pleeeeeease!!!!

2. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

I assume your soundcard is onboard on the motherboard?

If so, you need to find out what it is, probably something like ac97 or sis audio driver.

do a search on google, LOCATE and download the driver/s

restart your computer
    and windows should find and install the drivers on startup.

good luck

3. dezmond8

dezmond8 Guest

hey thanks for all the replys really appreciate it. So how exactly do i find out what the sound card is (ac97 or sis audio)

4. britz660

britz660 Member

1.) Download Everest Home Edition

2.) Use program to determine motherboard manufacturer and model number

3.) Use the link in the program or throw the manufacturers name into google and search their site for drivers for that model of motherboard, they will provide you with the appropriate drivers for your sound.

Whenever I run into devices like that don't automatically have drivers upon reformatting i find it useful to keep a cd backup of all those drivers. Good luck

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@dezmond8

Post back the motherboard info from Everest and I will try and locate those sound drivers for you.

6. dezmond8

dezmond8 Guest

hey thanks for that everest software really useful. I checked out the computer info and went to the compony site and downloaded drivers called 'realtek 650,655 and 880 then theres 1 more called 'VIA' but when i tried installing it to the comp it says the 'system doesnt have an ac'97 audio chipset' so im bak where i started!lol H.E.L.P

7. britz660

britz660 Member

whats your motherboard manufacturer and model number

you might of downloaded thing wrong drivers for your model number

8. dezmond8

dezmond8 Guest

i dunno tha model number but its first computer international i went to audio drivers for Fs35