1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio from MP2 file during AVI - DVD conversion

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jameshpg, Dec 28, 2004.

1. jameshpg

jameshpg Member

Hello,

I am a bit of a newbie but I know how to follow a guide : http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

I did it all:
    -Used TMPGEnc Plus to convert split the avi into MP2 and M2V (took 30hrs!)
    -Multiplexed them in IFOEdit
    -Burnt them with Nero 6

The problem is that although the video quality is great - there is no audio on the DVD! I went back onto my computer and opened the MP2 file and there was no sound, nothing. Just 557mbs of nothing! It's probably something simple but I have retraced my steps and I can't think of anything I did wrong.

I thought it was my computer so I tried the process with a smaller avi file so it wouldn't take as long for TMPGEnc Plus to do its buisness. It split the avi into MP2 and M2V. I opened the MP2 file with Media Player and it played all the audio. Now I am puzzled.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to neglect my computer for another 30hrs of encoding from TMPGEnc Plus but I fear that I did something wrong there.

Thanks a lot,

James

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No, sorry, I never make DVDs (I prefere VCDs since the quality of the basic movies often aren't so great).
    Why don't you try doing a VCD, instead? Too low quality?

3. Markapwe

Markapwe Guest

Xilisoft Video Converter can either rip avi to vob. In the right column, you may select ac3 or mp2 as output audio format, NTSC or PAL is available to specify. Note: the tool does not support copy function.

4. jameshpg

jameshpg Member

I did it! I used ffmpeggui03b to get the audio in mp2 format from the avi without sitting through 30hrs! It took about 15mins! Then I just multiplexed them and burnt them and it works perfectly!