1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio from video clips

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rbul1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. rbul1

rbul1 Member

I own a pc with a P4M800CE-8237 MB. This is a MSI mb with VIA chips. Motherboard new in 2005.
    Phoenix bios LTD 6.00 PG 10/1
    2.93 mhz clk
    Win XP SP2 OS
    1024 mb ram
    onboard AC'97 Sound Codec
    chip: Realtek ALC655 "compliant with AC'97 wdm_a352 updated to WDM_A397 (5.10.0.6210)."

Sound plays when CD or DVD installed.

An email with a video clip plays video without sound.
    Presently using driver WDM_A397.exe,
    QUESTION: is this driver a compatible upgrade for the manuals recommended wdm_a352.exe?
    When I dbl-clk ControlPanels "Sound and Audio Devices" the Volume tab indicates "No Audio Device" and the Audio Tab reads "modem #0 Line Playback".
    This all looks wrong to me but CD's PLAY and the Device Manager for shows the Realtek AC'97 driver present.
    I'm stumped, I've reload WMP, downloaded recommended Codecs and still the CD's Play but video clips do not !
    Any ideas?

2. Arild929

Arild929 Member

Did you get your issue solved? I got the same issue here with a new HP Pavillion 6113US Media Center PC. "No Audio Device".

Opening "Sound and Device Properties", everything is shaded out. This issue came after one of the latest updates from Windows.

I reinstalled Medi Player, and now I can get sound back, but "Sound and Device Properties" are still shaded out.

If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate it.