1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio on HDTV from PC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by night512, Oct 31, 2010.

1. night512

night512 Member

Hi all,

I could really use some help with this. I browsed the forum for similar problems, but can't find a solution that works for me.

I am using a GeForce 9500 GT Video card and am running a DVI-to-HDMI to my Vizio HDTV. The picture looks great. Only problem is: no audio. I have a 3.5 RCA cable that I run to the TV, but still no luck. I run Windows XP.

On the Nvidia settings panel there are no audio options whatsoever.

What to do?

All help highly appreciated! Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Have you clicked on the Volume control icon (next to the date and time) and tried 'Playback Devices'.

3. Vector330ix

Vector330ix Member

nooo. you cant do it that way.

dvi and hdmi are close enough for the video to work. but dvi does not have any sound at all. its strictly video.

likely your tv has HDMI as an input (as it sounds from your description) as well as the old analog RCA yellow red and white.

however think of it this way.
    when you had a vhs player you could not plug the audio of your vhs into the rca's and play the rca audio while watching the Coax video from the cable box. it was one or the other. thats still the same thing with this. you will need to "inject" that audio into the hdmi cable inorder for the sound to come over. there is no other way to do it.

there maybe others out there. but here is one i found for about $40
    http://www.buy.com/prod/dvi-audio-s...er/q/sellerid/23413195/loc/111/208047492.html
    this one is a converter box which will make your dvi and audio inputs into hdmi.