1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio when connecting my portable hard drive to my tv

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dubgaz, Aug 18, 2007.

1. dubgaz

dubgaz Member

Guys. I hope somebody here can help me. I have a MEMUP 320 GB Media Disk that I have been using with no problems since I bought it back in January of this year.. I use it mainly to watch movies/tv shows that I have downloaded from the net. I just hook the drive up to the tv using a scart socket and watch my stuff.

I connected it up to the tv last Wednesday evening and while I can get the picture as normal I cannot get any sound. I thought there might have been a problem with the scart lead so I tried a few different ones but stll no sound. I connected it up to the tv in my bedroom and still no sound. I can still save files to the disk and apart from this sound issue everything else is fine with it.

I havnt messed around with the audio settings at all so I dont know how this problem arose. I checkd the memup website but it is in French. Anybody any ideas to to what I should do?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If it happened all of a sudden and different cables don't rectify the problem, it's probably faulty.