1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No AVI File after DVD2AVI conversion

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lurray_j, Apr 3, 2004.

1. lurray_j

lurray_j Member

Folks, After I executed DVD2AVI, it imported all *VOB files to *d2v however, no Audio file. when it prompts the Audio source to in TMPGEnc, it did not find any audio file. Am I missing some instruction or some software? I have downloaded SmartRipper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc so far. I have a Ahead's Nero CD Burner software which came with my PC. Any suggestion would be really appriciated. Thanks.

2. jakks

jakks Regular member

I just replied to your post in the audio section about this, hope it helps

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

You have to make sure that you have "Track #1" selected in the DVD2AVI audio settings and if you are makeing a VCD or SVCD choose the "Decode to Wav" option in the audio settings but if makeing a DVD then select the "Demux" option which will leave you with an AC3 audio file instead of a Wav audio file....

4. lurray_j

lurray_j Member

Thanks both, Jakks and Minion. I think your suggestion will work. I am going to try this evening and post the out come.