1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Blue Light on Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by casper007, Apr 11, 2007.

1. casper007

casper007 Guest

I have installed a new x2.6 CE, the xbox booted up with no problems but i never got the flash bos config screen and the blue light on chip has not come on, ANY help please.

2. Stabby

Stabby Regular member

Double check that the D0 wire is installed correctly and that you have a sufficient amount of solder securing it to the via.

I have an X3 CE chip that is doing the same thing....GRRRRRR!

If that is good and all other conections are correct, Your chip may be DOA....

Most chip problems are from installer error....I know this from experience.....and we're all human! :)

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

OK.. both of youz..

Check your install carefully.. Then if still no joy please post type of install.. solder-pinheader or wires.. solderless..

xbox version.. is it a 1.6? have you connected the red wire to the alt 5v point?

Xecuter 2.6,, is the chip switched on? there is a enable/disable switch on the bank of 3

I know this sounds stupid but.. is the chip the right way round on the pinheader? and the pins aligned properly..

Finally the D0 point.. the chip should still light up without tis connected.

4. Stabby

Stabby Regular member

Version 1.1, Chip is correctly positioned, pin header install.

Thanks for the reply!

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

6. Stabby

Stabby Regular member

All points on the LPC header are that of the post. It must be the chip.

Thanks for that link, it was very helpful!!