1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No differences between wav & flac file compresed at 50% 50%

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Mrguss, Mar 24, 2014.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i can see the point about buying land and building a house.I live in australia and here you have to get permits signed and buildings inspected and the work done properly by licenced professions and signed off by professionals to say its done properly.
    But i can see why its neccessary as i lived in a rough rooming house with so many issues, walls not sealed properly a powerbox that would have sparks jumping out of it,modifications to the sheds to make extra rooms that had electrical and safety issues (obviously not permitted modifications).
    the cooker was hopeless but at least it wasn't leaking gas, hot water use to shut down for days at a time.Landlord might of been drunk or stoned all the time he was about 6'8 stocky guy that use to just try and intimidate anyone that had an issue with the house.
    In some countries that would of been legal and acceptable as they don't have permits needed,personally think the council would of condemned the house had it not been selling and bulldozed by the new owners.
    I'd rather have permits and paperwork to say the house it's safe and built properly than live in a dodgey ,dangerous unsafe house.

money
    either earn a lot or don't spent much,only way to have any.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

In the US you do need permits for most urban and suburban areas. Normally, you do not need to be licensed if your are working on your own house. For small to mid range projects the owner can skip the permit if the work is not obvious from the street. It isn't legal but the local govt will not find out unless a neighbor 'rats you out'.

I read a weekly Chinese paper since it is free and the bias on the news isn't to the right of left it is an Asian bias. They always include a few human rights abuse articles. The paper lets everyone know even though things have vastly improved over there human life has far less value there than a cat's life in the US. An owner in the US can go to jail for leaving a dog chained out in the sun without water.

3. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

To jump into building a house (s):

1.- People need to have some kind of knowledge of it. I start fixing my families houses when I was 15yo. (Laying bricks, change windows, etc.)
    2.- Know people that build houses for living. (All my friends work in construction & some have licensees.)
    3.- Permits are easy to get here in U.S. and I always take pictures of the project as it get it done just in case we have issues with inspections, etc.
    4.- Some Projects need to be made by licensed professionals (like The Frame of the house, electrical, etc)

Buying a House build by a Company that build hundreds of house at once don't always warranty you to get a good house:

General houses:
    In the 60's was made out of concrete blocks walls and cast-iron sewers lines, insulation was poor, etc.
    In the 70 & 80 the frames was made out of wood, & probably the best batch of house ever made.
    In the 90's you start seeing cheaper & cheaper materials apply for building houses.
    In the 00's those house are the worse ever build, had all kind of issues [Like the one's you mention in the first 6 months you live in a new house]. Usually build by a Scammer Contraction Co. with all permits required by the "Law" in a hurry to make $$$ & finally when bankrupt.

The challenge is to build better homes. No the Corporate Greedy thinking.

Money:
    - People earning a lot; usually spend their money in garbage.
    - Don't spent much, but have some kind of life and happiness.
    - Invest is the best option. In special if we want to stop being an employees or stop to go into debt and work paying interest to the sharks (Banks - lenders - scammers, etc.) like forever.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  4. Mez

Mez Active member

Way off topic but as interesting and useful a post as I have seen in AD. I concurr about 60s lacking insulation but they were still forced to use more expensive materials and may be better built than even a 70s house. I lack your expertise but my mid 60s house is very well built. The house was built after you could use 2x4s to hold up the roof a few yers before and it would have used 2x12s.

Where I live, house fixeruppers make very good money. I know an electrical engineer who started turning over houses with his buddy after retiring. He made triple what he made as an EE. He did mention they had been lucky with their purchases.

Builders are structured to survive a backrupty in the US. I know persons that have bought new houses and many bought junk. One had his house sold out from under him and couldn't get his down payment back becase the builder was backrupt and gone.

5. Mrguss

Mrguss Regular member

Yup.
    My first house was build in 1969.
    As a second owner was no bad at all. The first owner was an electrician and add a 220-240 volts (AC) Box. very handy for welding, etc.
    The first thing I did was insulate the inner walls and ceiling.
    The bad thing tho. is that is sitting 300 feet from a small earthquake fault line.

The second house (Fixer upper) was made in 1979.
    No extra insulation need. Just change all: new insulated windows, paint & carpet.
    I add many things all around and make a lot of experience on construction projects.

With a little bit of luck: I am ready to build a house from the ground up.
    The money for sure is to build in the best zip-codes.

In U.S. anybody who bought a house between 2006 to 2008 new, old, etc. pay a lot of money for it: just to find out 2 or 3 years latter that the investment plumed to 1/3 to 1/4 that wherever they pay for.
    And up to now all of them or file bankruptcy or just leave the house empty.
    Why: 'cos who gonna keep paying for a house that they bought for 250K that today is value at 50K. (Just as example)
    All those house never gonna reach the inflated bubble prices again.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014