1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO Disc.. Why?? It will not play

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tyrell25, Apr 12, 2005.

1. tyrell25

tyrell25 Guest

I have the latest version of Shrink and the latest version of Decrypter. Most of the time, when the back-up process is completed, the back-up DVD will not play in any of my DVD players. I will work fine in my computer DVDpayer/Burner but not my other DVD players, include the Drive that played the original dvd on the computer. ( have two drives (d:/dvdplayer, e:/dvdplayer/dvdburner)

Is there a setting in DVD Shrink or DVD decrypter i need to check?

Is there any way to format all the Disc i have wasted? I have at least 15 DVD+R that can only play in my computer DVDplayer/Burner and not my regular computer DVD player or my home DVD players. How can i prevent this from happening in the future?????????

Guys... i really need some input on this.

2. biggsy

biggsy Member

I'm having the same problem(sorta). I can play back up movies on my dvd player but not able to play on PS2. Please help

3. colw

colw Active member

Problem invariably due to poor quality media, use of labels, burning too fast or incompatibilty with standalone player.

What media are you burning to?

4. biggsy

biggsy Member

I'm using Shrink then Nero 6.0. I tried to use memorex, fuji film, tdk to back up my dvd collection. I can play them in my dvd player(Cyberhome) but the will not play in my PS2

5. tyrell25

tyrell25 Guest

I have used sony and memorex dvd+R. At this point, all is working fine. However, i have almost 20 dvd's that will not play in my regular dvd player.

Can i re-use those disc or a need to use them as "frizbeez?"

6. cHigh

cHigh Member

i too cannot play any burned dvds on my PS2. It used to play burnt dvds, about 2 months ago- and only -r's, but now it won't even play that. I have the original PS2 in America- i got it about 2 weeks after its release. Do you think the durnt dvds could have ruined my PS2?

7. biggsy

biggsy Member

Problem fixed. I was using Nero Start Smart from desktop but there must be an error w/ the program which will not allow me to play backup copys on PS2. I tried Nero Express & now all my backup copys play in all stand alone systems.