1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no display on restart unless I clear the cmos?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 1slacker1, Jun 30, 2007.

1. 1slacker1

1slacker1 Guest

I have an APEVIA X-Dreamer II case , abit an8 32x motherboard, AMD 4200+ 64 X2 processor, 2 gb ram, 550 power supply,windows XP Pro.My graphics card is biostar GeForce 7600gt.My question:If I start my computer it seems to all come on but not the monitor....If I unplug the power and reset the cmos then it works everytime?Any suggetions?
    I just got the dual core but updated it with the 1.3.2.16 X2 drivers from abit?Other than this problem everything works great!Thanks!

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Maybe change cmos battery? How old is PC?

3. 1slacker1

1slacker1 Guest

Almost everything is new except the motherboard and it's less than 1 year.I dont know much about the cmos, I always thought the battery was only for the clock (date and time?)I do need a new battery as far as that goes , my time messes up alot here lately.Though I never had this problem till I installed the new Dual core processor 2 days ago.I can leave it on day and night, works great, just cant restart.I will try a new battery ....Thanks for the fast response!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the date & time is also part of the cmos. the 1st indicator that the battery is dying is the time is behind.

5. 1slacker1

1slacker1 Guest

That was it, Thanks for your help!

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn