1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no display on starview and dont work

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by lrnk, Sep 20, 2007.

1. lrnk

lrnk Member

hi i have jtagged a clone starviewbox the problem is it will reconise the box erase the firmware and install the firmware when completed i turn the box on and there is no display and the box wont switch on any help please

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Think I remember you, your the guy that is the Starview repair man as you have said in a few links here, also seen your ebay ad. So you must have plenty of practice in that aspect. So if we sort this box out why dont you answer some of the queries for people who come on with jtag queries.

3. lrnk

lrnk Member

you are right there scouser i have jtagged a few boxes and i have also tried to help a few people here i have also tried new firmwares here and kept people updated to the progress anyhow on the subject i am at a loss here and also i have been having internet problems due to my isp service guy coming round installing a new modem and putting the wrong power cord into my router and modem causing it not to work i will gladly help anyone out if i can hope that clears the matter up

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK not a problem. As you said you have done quite a few of these and you say that the tsop have been erased and rewrote to then this sounds more like a hardware problem. Have you checked the power board for voltage, do you see any blown caps? Or any solder spill from your jtag?

5. lrnk

lrnk Member

i have checked the power board and even replaced it with another i know is working i cannot see any blown caps and there is no solder spills

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you using Skymax or Jkeys and have you done other boxes with the same pc since this problem one?

7. lrnk

lrnk Member

i have done others on this pc and i am using skymax

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry but I was about to hit the road for the evening. This sounds like a problem box alright you are 100% that the tsop is erased and wrote to? Have you tried jkeys also?

What was the original problem was it the case that it was loaded with firmware above 2.59 and this bricked it or did it die from another cause. If it continues to be a problem you may have to lift the amtel and replace it. Although you will need a programmer,(willem etc), to do this and will probably not be viable from a cost perspective.