1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No DVD files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nsnt, Feb 9, 2005.

1. nsnt

nsnt Member

I burned a DVD to my desktop but none of the files are DVD files. I have DEFAULT, VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VIDEO_TS, and 2 IFO files and 2 BUP files. Any suggestions as which to write with and whether it will work?

2. nsnt

nsnt Member

When I try to add the VTS_01_1 file i get a message 'invalid or unsupported file format is there a way to change the format? Any suggestions? Thanks...

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Those are all DVD files...

What method are you using to try and burn those files?
    Also what program are you using?
    What program did you use to Rip (not burn) your DVD to your desk top?

I don't know what programs you have and my crystal ball isn't working right now ;-) So it is hard to tell you how to solve your problem without a little more info, but you have the right files. If you want you can follow this guide it should help you out a bunch http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

4. nsnt

nsnt Member

Hi: I used decrypter to rip... I thought that's what I was doing when I used decrypter to put files mentioned on my desktop. When I tried to burn the image, I selected write under ISO as per diagram. The Source box on decrypter says please select a file. I click on the file folder to bring the look in: box up. The files I thought I ripped aren't files with DVD extensions as per the diagram and when I try to select one I get a DVD Decrypter box with a red X Invalid or unsupported image file format. Thanks for your help...

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK you confused me...?
    Are you trying to burn to a Dual Layer disk? If so then you need to rip to your HD in "ISO" mode with Decrypter. Decrypter will only burn a disk image it wont burn the files.
    Now if you are burning to a single layer DVD (DVD5) then you have to run those files threw a program like DVD Shrink to make it all fit on one DVD. As I stated before read this guide http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

6. nsnt

nsnt Member

I have a dual layer burner but not trying to burn dual layer disk. Trying to burn a short film of 1,113,094,144 bytes. Are the VTS files on my desk top the ripped files. According to the diagram from link provided i should be finding dvd extensions. Am I missing something. Thanks... I'll keep reading...

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You need to run those files threw DVD Shrink to make an ISO image.. Again Decrypter will only burn an image file (ISO)...

Please just follow the guide step by step and you will then see it work. You are trying to take short cuts..